Hoboken Pie

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by YoLaDu, Jul 24, 2009.

1. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

on Red River. Anyone try it yet? Always looking for great pizza places. Looks promising from their website.

The Link

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have not but what about House Pizza on Airport and I think 51st Street area. It is in a house, not at House Park, obviously. Have heard great things but have not been to it. Never heard of Hoboken. Is it down shore from Brick Oven?

3. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

House is Awesome. I Find it a little pretentious, for instance they serve you water out of a glass sparkling water bottle (its just tap water). You can't make a custom pizza, and there are only maybe 10 choices.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have been told this last week about yet another local pizza place, Texas Pizza, or something like that. It is on St. John's, West of the Interstate. It is supposed to be fantastic from the account of the person who told me about it. They are not an employee either.

Their crust is said to have Rosemary and something else in it and even delicious by itself. Anybody ever heard of this place or been there? I am liking more out of the way pie places.

Confession: I have never eaten at Mangia. I need to one day.

6. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Unless Texas Pizza moved, they are on Airport, just off Lamar. It's not very good, for several reasons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I must have the name wrong then. He was pretty specific to say it was on St. John's just past the highway. I will be sure to avoid the place you are talking about, however.

8. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

Hoboken is damn good pie. It's thin crust East Coast style (orly?), we throw darts at Bull McCabe and will order a pizza to balance the beer intake.