Holla!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Beau Vine, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Martellus is a Cowboy!

I kinda like it. With some added weight and some coaching, he could be a monster lining up with Witten in two TE sets.

2. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

LOL. Cowboy fans now have to root for this guy.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Maybe it's not as questionable as I originally thought. A lot of pundits seem to really like this pick and feel his production in college was limited by the aggie offense.

4. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

With a Hog and an Aggie how can we lose?

5. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

7. Umpus

Umpus 100+ Posts

I'll migrate to whoever has the most longhorns. [​IMG]

8. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

I hated Dat Nguyen, until he put on the Star. I can do it again. Of course, my displeasure with Dat was because he was so damn good, so it is a little different.

9. tallgrant

tallgrant 250+ Posts

I'm a Viking fan, so I can go on disliking Bennett.

I had to change my opinions on Adrian Peterson- he's been forgiven for his mistake. He paid by not getting his national championship ring, now he's free to build on his rookie season [​IMG]

10. BoarderHorn

BoarderHorn < 25 Posts

11. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

Going to A&M over Texas cost Martellus Bennett millions of dollars

12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I am a longtime Cowboy fan, but I don't have to like or cheer for MB just because he was drafted and will now be wearing a star on his helmet. He first has to make the team and show he can and will contribute - we'll go from there....

13. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

14. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I think he will do just fine. Maybe he can show or develop some class at the next level.

15. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

16. Texan

Texan 25+ Posts

How can you not like Bennet on his ridiculous quotes alone. I've always thought he was about the most underutilized talent in the NCAA and I hope he proves that with the cowboys. I agree he cost himself millions not coming to Texas and I love it.

17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like Martellus.

If he was a horn he would be revered for his quote making prowess. It's funny to me that he went to A&M a buttoned down place and one that wasn't going to showcase his skills. Just a bizzare decision all the way around imo.

I hate the cowboys so he'll once again be on a team I dislike. That's ok- I can still appreciate his wit and wisdom and still laugh at his sometimes stone-like hands.

18. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

LOL WuLaw, funny stuff.

Somebody please photo shop that pic with Romo and Simpson by the pool right before their playoff loss. I want to see MB instead of Jason and feel free to insert Pacman somewhere as well.

19. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Bennett is another player who I would have loved to see with a horn on his helmet but now that he is no longer aggy, you can only wish the kid the best. Shoot once Tommie Harris left the land thieves and joined the Bears I was able to cheer for him all the while still muttering the mantra but OU still sux. You cheer for the team usuaully not the players. I am a Bears fan and whoever puts on the jersey I will be cheering for them.

20. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Count me as another who always like Bennett even though he went aggy and I like the pick by Dallas.
    [​IMG]

21. some of you guys really always liked bennett? wow.

22. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

If Holla put as much time into making plays on the field as he did with his quotes, then his brick hands would have become $$$! [​IMG]

23. Billy Clyde Ag

Billy Clyde Ag 25+ Posts

Kiper said Tellus couldn't block. This shows how much attention Kiper pays outside of the top 20 players.

Bennett was one of the best run blocking tight ends in the NCAA. His blocking technique is excellent, but maybe he needs more strength for the NFL. He has the frame, and the Boys made a solid choice.

24. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

he blocked for an option team, maybe that has something to do with it....I am not backing Kiper in anyway, but maybe he looked at it that way...who knows, the only guy i hate worse is M.Hodge.

25. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

Jerrah is putting together one of the most poisonous teams in the history of sports.

Tellus is a locker room cancer. Between he, TO, and Pacman it's going to be difficult keeping the team together week to week.

26. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

One more good reason to hate the Cowboys. Love the pick! I was afraid they would take Limus so I'm more than relieved that they picked up a Pig and an Aggot instead. [​IMG]

27. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

I think they would have picked Limas or Kelly had they not been selected earlier.

29. BigDLonghorn22

BigDLonghorn22 25+ Posts

Any tight end that also plays basketball is deemed to be the next Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates.

30. skyranger43

skyranger43 100+ Posts

Cowboys are getting a lot of trouble makers on one team. I heard Gil Brandt talking on radio about how good Calvin Hill is working with young or old troubled players. Well, ole Calvin should get a raise this year if he keeps all of this **** together!