Hope everyone survived all the Thunder boomers............

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by LousianaHorn, Mar 22, 2022.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

yesterday and overnight without much or any damage............nothing but a bunch of lightning here so far but as the oldman used to say...."It's been raining like a cow pissing on flat rock." 3.62 inches since midnight with more to come till mid morning and my poor dog is freaking because of the thunder. Ya'll stay safe!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’m hearing it blow through here now

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Some family members close to 45 and i-35 lost power but nobody hurt. The crappy part for a few friends was bad bosses who wouldn't let them leave work early or told them they had to come in for a late shift even when it meant risking driving right through where the tornado was. Thankfully none of them hurt either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Radar showed circulation was going to pass right over me but the weather people couldn't say if it was a tornado. Sirens going off, wind howling, thunder lighting and heavy rain made for a tense time. We were lucky. No nado
    But for sure going to make better plans, stock my safe room with water, first aid kit, batteries and dog food for the scared one. And human food too
    Prayers for those not so lucky

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Check out the truck in this video.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Of course he drove away. He filled his pants and had to go home to put on some fresh undies.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The folks we spoke to back in Texas said it was a pretty bad storm. Lots of high winds and some tornadoes. Hope all you guys got through it without any injuries and property damage.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Bad, bad storms. There were 3 tornadoes around my house, but didn't get hit. 6 miles north, 8 miles south and 15 miles east of us. Biggest outbreak I can ever remember.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It was bad but could have been so much worse. Around 4 AM, Doppler radar showed NINE rotations over Memorial, Spring Branch, Heights, and Oak Forest at the same time. Fortunately, only one touched down, and that was briefly.