Hornfans roll call

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by El Sapo, Oct 11, 2020.

?

Moving forward will you continue to watch Texas football games and support the team?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yes, but my support is beginning to circle the drain.

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. No

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Yesterday's performance crystallized my opinion of the 2020 football team and the state of the program in general. No one is in charge and certainly not Tom Herman. We've got at least one real leader in Sam Ehlinger who tried and darn near single-handedly beat the worst OU team we've faced in years. I'm not sure if this team deserves better but Sam sure does. The horns are broken on a number of levels and there are certainly more losses coming in a season that really should have been 'our year'.

The distractions and divisions that have been created by introducing social causes into what should just be athletic entertainment will be a Pyrrhic victory for those involved. Neither Tom Herman nor the dissenting players built this program. Texas Longhorn Football is bigger than any one coach or team. I won't be held hostage to an inferior product I don't have to have and I will call this bluff because the tail doesn't wag the dog. I'm done and with me I take the money I'd have spent on tickets, merchandise, and the two eyeballs I'd have made available to advertisers when I watched a game on television. There isn't Texas Football without supportive boosters and fans, something the players and staff seem to have overlooked in their short-sighted arrogance.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

I’m out, not wearing any gear either. Herman has destroyed the team and traditions. Really really bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

My game viewing will likely be limited to tuning in from time to time or listening to the game on Longhorn Radio Network while doing other things. (Like excavating the banana tree rootballs out of my backyard. An excellent way to burn off calories and take out my frustrations.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I wasn’t into it yesterday even before the game, and ended up checking out early. I’m not going to spoil a good Saturday on something I don’t enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Sad state of affairs. This will end! At some point it will!

:bevo::hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Boy AC, in all honesty we’ve been saying that for a loooong time now. And I’ll still say I hope your right but my time is growing short. I’m really getting old.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Same here!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The question is whether Herman is McWilliams or Mackovic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

AC, the problem is I am almost 66 years old. TH has 3 more years of this $hit show to go. So a new coach that says he needs 4 years to get it right, Hell I will be 75. You guy's can ***** at me all you want but I am going to throw a name at you. Lane Kiffin, He is a lighting rod but he almost beat Roll tide yesterday after his first two games with a new team. I wonder what his buyout is? Yep, I am getting desperate about all of this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Herman is NOT McWilliams, because whatever the case was with his coaching tenure, nobody but nobody doubts that David bleeds orange.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I held out support for TH but the TTU game and every game since soured me. I’m overly optimistic. I saw all that talent, didn’t think he could waste it four years straight. And now that I see no teammates singing the eyes with Sam, think I’m done with TH. If they go 6-0 and win the bowl game I could stomach another year but I think that is highly unlikely! He should be gone after this season. Mackovic Jr!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. horninchicago

I knew I may need to explain. Allow me to do so, sir.

I simply meant is he McWilliams, so that means another floundering coach, or is he the last flounderer before the next Mack/DKR arrives?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He definitely ain't David. David was a nice guy, but surrounded himself with incompetent assistants. It was hard not to like David. Herman on the other hand makes disliking him easier than liking chocolate cake.

Mackovic knew offense, but if he had known as much about people and how to get along, he would have been in the NFL for decades.

Not sure "NFL" is in the binder.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. horninchicago

Not what I meant. See my comment right above yours.

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well if you're only speaking in chronological terms, I can see the point of your query.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. horninchicago

Yes, the was all I meant.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No more Group of 5 wannabes. Only way to upgrade is a pool of candidates comprised of the coaches of the top two teams in each of the other 4 Power 5 conferences plus Meyer. Campbell at ISU would be the only Big XII coach to consider. (Patterson isn't going to leave Ft. Worth except in a box or vase.)

Who are you going to convince to come to Texas?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I will watch Baylor and ***** and moan every step of the way ... that’s what I do ... and drink lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

I'll still watch all the games, but my ability to care about wins or losses is gone. The image of Sam and Dicker being the only players to stay out for the Eyes will stay with me for a long time. I don't give a damn what that song, or any version of it, meant in 1930. Today it is a tradition of this university and it was never used to oppress anyone, especially entitled little a-holes getting a free education on the state's dime.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My wife, her sister and her Dad all went to UT. They are not paying any attention to anything except wins and losses. I watched the entire game yesterday with my wife and we called her Dad after to talk about it. My wife said, "It was a really good game." And it was.

I drilled down on how this is TH's 4th year, that OU is down this year and that he's making $5 million per year. She gets all of that (we did talk about other things too) but in the end, we'll be watching next week. I am still interested. If they keep losing it could be that we choose some other form of "entertainment" because in the end, that's where we are.

What should we do with our time today is the question. Well, the game's on, do you want to watch it? The current answer is yes... we'll see how it unfolds. If they go on a winning streak, then we'll see all the games. How do I know that?

By watching the next game. If they win, then the streak is on.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  21. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I hope for 6-0, just seems unlikely. Herman can’t motivate this team anymore. Maybe we’re all wrong and it happens. I’d be shocked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Outstanding summary of my thoughts.

23. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Did u see LSU without Aranda? We are doomed !!! Only half kidding

24. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Beautifully said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

What all 3 should have in common- they were all fired.

• Hot Hot x 1
  26. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

If this team doesn’t stand for “the eyes” then they aren’t Longhorns. Herman needs to go and so does the team. Glad I missed the OU game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I am 73 and have been ahorn fan as long as I can remember. There will never be another Royal,Times have changed too much. Football has changed. Kids have changed. Thats why Royal left. I dont think a new coach will help this team.This team is lost and doesnt care. I saw Texas players leavinG The game saturday laughing.Can you imagine that years ago? I,like most of you have decided there are more important things to do with my remaining days than to watch uninspired players and coaches who could care less about this University.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Neither one of those guys are Mensa. So there's that. :puke:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

You can watch the games and support the team while wanting change, the two are not mutually exclusive. I will always support Texas and want to Texas to win, but that doesn't mean I don't want change and just because I want change doesn't mean I don't support the team and want them to win.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

FW,

Like I told Mackovic in Charlottesville, "I was here when you got here, and I'll be here when you're gone, and that won't be soon enough for me"

I refuse to let the ******** win :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1