Horns-Tech Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Sep 26, 2020.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Agree. However, a lot of football to go. And Covid may play a major part, particularly in the big. Sec first game is hard to judge but I see a lot of 2 plus loss teams and I am hoping the Pirate gives them all 60 mins. of hell. If Horns run the table they will be invited.

ACC has one very good team. Big may knock themselves out with Covid rules, and SEC will be difficult to judge this year because they won't have 3 mullet games to pad their bras. LSU will do better against teams not coached by the Pirate. FWIW I thought Arkansa played well enough to win an SEC game or two this year.

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Kansas State who beat Oklahoma lost to Arkansas State a couple of weeks before. With the limited practices you're going to see more odd stuff like this in 2020. Also, that Texas Tech team that played HBU had 12 players out of the game due to Covid,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This was the concern going into the game. The only question going into the game was were these 12 held out because of a positive test or the coaches' way of hiding them and their real schemes team Texas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

As said someone way back in this thread games this season have often looked like a bunch of talented kids have gotten together for a pick-up game. No matter the conference you have to tackle, and we didn’t, often when it was critical.
    We won and that’s always a good thing. :hookem:
    And Texanne best to you! Hoping successful control of that afib!

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Also comparing games is almost pointless. Tech is going to give us their best every year. They aren't saving it up for HBabtist. But regardless the tacking was as bad as I've seen it and the holding calls were brutal. If we don't hold we'd have scored virtually every drive.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So weird. Tech's offense had 5 three-and-outs and 3 interceptions, but Texas defense still played poorly.

On the other hand, Bowman went back to pass 52 times, was never sacked, never forced to scramble, and only hit 2 or 3 times.

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Coburn is getting double teamed and Ossai has had a few hurries. It seems like Graham and Ojomo aren't doing their jobs.

8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

This! Looking at the predicted scores we posted, we were too.

9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Once Tech went up by 15, their coaching staff's brains over heated or something. They immediately pooch kicked the kickoff and gave us the ball at the 40. We scored in no time and the rest is history. If they were willing to give us that kind of field position, they should have had their kicker do that little onside kick again.

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, scrambled him a little on #52 at least—5 minute rest for play review helped I guess.

11. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Aren't all these kids celibate?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

Speaking of the Tech coaches going into dumb**s mode, what was up with their play calling in OT? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they didn’t continue to sling it all over the while our DBs were running around like chickens with their heads cut off, but that change in mentality baffles me. I mean they had a little success in the second half running it but nothing that indicated that was the way to go.

• Hot Hot x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

1. Bowman is a dangerous man.
    2. Strange things happen up on the Plains—apparently even when it’s not cold with the wind blowing hard...

Glad to get out of there yesterday with a win.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I think we are getting closer to normal now---every team will play us hard. The first game was an anomaly and may have set our focus on a downward spiral for the game against Tech. Luckily we escaped with a W. Now going forward we will put our big boy pants on and be ready for the opponent's Best shot for the remaining games.

15. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

16. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I watched the OU game. OU had 4 turnovers and a new quarterback who fell apart in the second half. Also KState has their number. TX has Sam. Granted OU should have won but no relationship between KState and Tech. TX has a mental problem,coach and players. No way you can compare Riley and Herman. In the Lsu game,they were outplayed. Remember LSU lost 10 players to the NFL.

17. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

LSU still has a very good team. But The Pirate greater than Cajun Chizik. Coaching won that game. MSU has a class in the mid 20s very year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I hope you are right, but I fear the HC's personal record of non-focused preparation for lesser teams.

19. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

To the naysayers who didn't want Moore to return to the team what do you say now?
    He's our money guy now.
    I think Smith should be probable against TCU, unless he has that d**n virus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

What a beautiful route Eagles ran for that two point conversion. No one can defend against that, without gambling or commiting a penalty.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup. Load up receivers right side, go left side one-on-one. Head fake left and quick inside slant to the right while QB puts the ball in front of receiver. No way DB can cover that.

Good call.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Is it official - TCU kickoff at 11am? :puke:

23. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

That scared me to death.... is he good?

24. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Semper Fi

25. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

We’ll take the win, but someone should let the defense know that social distancing only needs to happen off the field.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would not have walked away

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m
    agreed. And the overall team talent the Pirate is working with this year might be the best he’s ever had.

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And that’s just the sort of look a good OC will give us.

Compare that with many of the clueless goalline offensive calls we suffered through last year...