Horns v. ttu

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Mar 1, 2017.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Off to a rocky start, yet now up 6-4. Turnover and unwise slashing to the hoop with no way to finish. Man, do we need guard play. Coleman please get here fast.

By the way Shaka started three guards.

2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Roach really has no sense of when to drive, or where to drive. Another turnover.

3. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

The road black unis look pretty tough.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

interesting to see a guard hit driving floaters. Unfortunately its the ttu guards doing it. Sorry, its just so tough to see our guards struggle every dog gone game.

5. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Isoms pick on that dude at half court to spring Davis for the buzzer beater was classic. I think Mo really could have contributed a lot this year but for that freak injury. I'm so ready to be done with this season.

6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think this may have been the worst game the horns have played this year. And it wasn't just the youth, and guard play. It was poor shot selection, out of control drives, lost on defense. The team simply has not progressed. It has not gotten smarter.

Maybe Shaka is in over his head after all. I really hate to even think that. I'm pretty down about this BB season. This team needs something like two b12 tourney wins to salvage a positive feeling about a very dismal season. :brickwall:

7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I just don't buy that. Basketball is basketball, and if you can teach basic fundamental concepts at one place, you can do it at others. To me this looks like an issue where he got a handful of guys (most of which he retained and didn't recruit) that just don't seem to get it. The lack of success paired with guys that don't have good mental makeups to begin with and don't really know how to get away from the default setting of individual play when things don't go well just seems to have fed on itself.

You've got at least two guys and maybe three coming in next year that would have started this year. We'll see how things shake out.

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hope, really hope, you are right Prodigal. I was on the ledge, and you have talked me back a bit.

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

The bigs were 12-15 shooting but only got to the FT line for 3 shots.

The guards were 11-39 shooting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

That is exactly how I felt durning and after KSU game. I have not watched a game since. It is too painful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

That really says what has sent this season down the tubes

12. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

And how many of those were jacking up threes or shooting w/ time running out on the shot clock? Saw too many plays where they were dribbling/passing around the perimeter leisurely until there was less than 10s on the clock and then trying as an individual to create something.