Horns visit Ok. State Wed. night

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Horns hold a 30-15 edge in the series vs OSU. Their record in the Big 12 27-14 in Texas’ favor. Horns have won four in a row, going back to the first game in this year’s round robin at Austin. Texas took a 66-35 win 20 days ago (today’s 01/30/17). Each team had only one player score in double digits. OSU’s Kaylee Jensen had a double double with ten pts and ten rebs. But she was only 3-19 from the field. The Cowgirls’ second leading scorer in that game was Karli Wheeler with 7 pts on 2-14 shooting. Overall, OSU hit 11-59 (18.6%) from the field; 1-13 (7.7%) from BTA and 12-23 (52.2%) from the FT line.

Meanwhile, Texas did not burn up the nets, except for Brooke, who registered 16 pts on 5-11 from the field. Three players ended up with nine pts: Joyner, Alecia and LaShann. Horns ended up 21-64 (32.8%) from the field, 6-12 (50.0%) from BTA, thanks to Brooke who hit on 4-6 treys and were 18-25 (72.0%) from the FT line.

Both teams will look to shoot the ball better. In the five games since, Horns have not shot less than 42% from the field and in four of the five games, they have hit 47% or better of their shots while winning all five games to go to 10-0. OSU lost the next two games and split the next two as they are at 3-6 coming into this game. Horns are on a ten game conference winning streak while OSU is coming off a loss.

Horns had nine players with double digit minutes and Audrey-Ann logged nine. Ariel was the only player to hit 30 minutes. OSU was led by Jensen’s 38 minutes. She was one of seven players to reach double digits. Three others had either eight or nine minutes.

The game will be on FSOK, which in the Austin area is Spectrum 374. (Fox Sports College Pacific). Game time is 7 PM CST.

This appears to be a link to the online video. I have no idea if this is a pay per view or not. https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/154936/womens-college-basketball-texas-at-oklahoma-state

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

http://www.texassports.com/news/2017/1/31/no-12-womens-basketball-preview-oklahoma-state-feb-1-2017.aspx

http://www.okstate.com/news/2017/1/31/womens-basketball-cowgirls-to-face-texas-during-the-midweek.aspx

3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well it looks like the link that Babhorn posted for on-line video is a dead end for me. I have Frontier and it asked for my id and password. Then it came back with that " ...my TV Provider Account does not provide access to this program". If someone figures out a way to get it.........other than driving to Oklahoma............please post.

4. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

I dont have that channel cant see it :( but will try and keep up on the radio

5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Texas starts out 7-0

6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I can't get either one and I got a message saying I'm authorized to view it.:confused2:

7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Make that a 9-0 start. Cowgirls call timeout

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Joyner has two fouls with 4:51 in 1Q
    18-9 Texas (Hosey in for Joyner)

9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Joyner out with two fouls mid way through the first quarter again. Ugh.

10. "Anna hook em"

Joyner we cant have that

11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

26-19 Texas end of 1Q

12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ariel 2 fouls with 7:56 in 2Q

13. "Anna hook em"

Ugh thats not good at all, come on step it up other players

14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Both twins have 2 fouls also. Jada, Sug, and Jordan in. And OSU goes ahead 37-34.

15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

37-34 OSU 3:06 2Q
    OSU to the line 13 times Texas one

16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

42-39 OSU halftime
    Texas never got in the bonus

17. "Anna hook em"

Do u guys think they are over looking the game tonight and got there heads into Scary Baylor on monday, thats the only thing i can think of or we just are over confident

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Another road game (TCU) where we are fouling too much and not getting to the line ourselves; that really kept OSU in the game, and once they got some shots to fall, the momentum starting swinging in their favor.

Ariel was shooting so well, including two 3-pointers. She still can't stay out of foul trouble early, though. OSU playing a 2-3 zone and with only Brooke being able to knock down perimeter shots once Ariel went to the bench, we just couldn't generate much offense.

19. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Probably true. Atkins and Holmes need to learn some impulse control in going for unlikely steals and rebounds. Atkins was fantastic when she was in. I would lik Brooke to take responsibility for scoring when we are in a tight spot, like she did there in the 2nd quarter. Good to get people involved, but when they're not hitting and you are, you take the shot.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

No. Team started out with a great 9-0 run, and was focused and running sharp offensive plays.

Plus, we have Kansas State on Saturday before getting to Baylor.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Only 13 points in that second quarter; but, that's the case with Atkins and Holmes out, and Higgs unable to contribute offensively.

22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Correction on FT's

OSU 9/12
    Texas 1/1

23. "Anna hook em"

we need to be and start on fire the second half take it to the paint and get the bonus and make the free throws

24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ariel 3rd foul w 8:42 in 3Q coach keeping her in for now

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Not sure who is worse, the refs or the announcers.

• Like Like x 1
  26. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Man, a lot of offense for both teams. We need to step it up on defense!

• Like Like x 1
  27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Never have I seen such lopsided calls

• Like Like x 1
  28. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Man Joyner ran into a screen at the FT line and I was afraid she was knocked out for a sec (no call)

• Like Like x 1
  29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Both teams shooting 57%!!!!!

30. "Anna hook em"

We are playing on osu court ive noticed that more home teams get the call in there favor