Horns visit Ok. State Wed. night

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

So the refs called a media timeout to fuss at Coach Aston according to announcers
    Wow

• Like Like x 2
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Good job of getting Ariel in and out of the game. She is 8-9 for 19 pts

3. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

keep getting under the skins of the officials they might make the calls for ya'll

4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

62-58 Texas w 2:22 3Q

• Like Like x 1
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

After working so hard to prevent it, the refs must be furious we are still leading

• Like Like x 4
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Looks like it will be a 10-pt swing in the 3rd for a Texas 7 pt lead with a chance for a shot w 1.7 sec

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

67-60 TX to end the third quarter. Good effort and execution by Texas in this quarter to gain back the lead and stretch it to 7 points.

Mandy Coleman picked up her fourth foul toward the end of the third quarter. She has 20 points for OSU.

• Like Like x 1
  8. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

This is OUR quarter #DOMINATE

9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wow, Lashann is just way off of her game tonight. 4 fouls now. Has she even scored?

10. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Come on girls! FINISH STRONG!

• Like Like x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Horns up 13 w 5:45 left

12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Atkins has 24 points w limited minutes 10 for 11

• Like Like x 2
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

85-71 Final

• Like Like x 2
  14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Texas 12 turnovers

Coach did a great job of managing minutes with foul trouble especially Ariel's

• Like Like x 3
  15. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I didn't see the game but something sure seems screwy with the officiating. Did we really commit 26 fouls to just 12 for the Cowgirls?

16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yep never got in the bonus the whole game

17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Atkins out of this world, Kelsey and Brooke superb also. Nobody else had a great night, but it was good enough.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Basically, we lost the second quarter as we didn't have Holmes and Atkins, and Higgs wasn't able to contribute offensively like she has in the past several games.

But, we won the other quarters. Winning the third quarter was huge.

Ariel was sensational shooting the ball tonight. Probably could have had 40 points if she would have stayed out of foul trouble.

Brianna takes way too many chances going for steals on defense; that took her out of position defensively a least a couple of times.

Biggest surprise was that Higgs couldn't find a way to penetrate OSU's defense to drive to the basket for a bucket or at least draw a foul.

Overall, proud of the team for staying focused and playing smarter and tougher in the second half; overcoming foul difficulty to a couple of your best starters puts a lot of pressure on the other starters and the reserves. Coaches did a good job managing the foul situation and substitutions.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  19. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

LOL....you are right about that! I muted the sound half way through the 2nd quarter. Too bad I could not do the same to the refs.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We finally got into the bonus with about one minute left in the third. OKS lived in the bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

My bad forgot about that

22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I wonder why the Big12 scheduled both of our games against Baylor on Monday nights, after playing on Saturday??

23. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Way to fight Texas.

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Obviously they were OKS based but when we were ahead and they started talking about the Super Bowl instead... wow

25. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

TeeVee most likely

26. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Curious what the OKS Coach said to Brooke during the ending handshakes. She smiled and nodded so it must have been complimentary. I think he is known to be a gentleman so I am sure it was not derogatory.

27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

It has been my experience that nearly all of the coaches in the B12 are very decent... and then there is Mulkey

• Like Like x 1
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So somebody who can read lips......please tell me what she is,saying. And to whom. I remember this but never knew the details.

29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

She is talking to Empress Davenport on the court which is just so wrong. Appears to be saying "watch what you wish for" in response to a pre-game interview where our players said they hoped to meet Baylor in the B12 Tourney. Now what she says in the line where she grabs Empress and Empress has to push her off - God only knows. Mulkey is trash who happens to win a lot of games.

• Like Like x 6
  30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

She was still fuming because in one of the earlier season games we were losing by a LOT and Karen still had the starters in against the second-third string Baylor players. Thus, this was her "payback" in the B12 tournament.