Horns vs Baylor

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Feb 10, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Both teams are 15-10 overall; and both are 5-7 in league play (four teams are now tied with 5-7 records). This is a very big game, the biggest so far in league play. Why? If we win we are in the catbird seat at 6-7, ahead of BU and the other 5-7 team which will lose this week. Plus, it gives us a psychological edge moving toward the end of the regular season and confidence heading into the B12 tourney; and we must protect home court.

The arena needs to be full. I know it won't be, but it should be. Our team needs a boost, and that's the quickest way to get it: a loud, rowdy crowd.
    The rub: Horns have lost their last two; Bu is on a three game win streak, kicking ku's aass today.

I have been very hard on Smart and the horns lately. My frustration gets the best of me. But if you look at the B12, anything is possible. (ou has lost 3 in a row, ttu is in 1st place, wvu has lost 6 of their last 9) If we get hot we can flip the losing streak into a winning streak. We have beaten the B12 leader once and were within an eyelash of beating them the 2nd time. The team can turn it around. No better time to start than Monday at the Erwin Center.

Go Horns!:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2