Horns vs. ou

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Feb 17, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

we were up by six in the second half, then lose our minds and miss three straight shots from beyond the arc and the lead shrinks to 1. We didn't try to get it into the post. WTF is that?? We don't seem to know who we are, which is a team that needs to feed at the hoop.

2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Andrew young keyed a spurt for the Horns with two steels and layups. Davis just made a nice drive and was fouled. Good for him for not settling for the bad shot at the arc. Made both FT.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dammit Roach! Just threw a pass to NO ONE. Then we turn over again, and give ou free throws. We are putting ou back in the game with dumb turn overs.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Horns take it to the hoop two straight possessions and make both. Yes!! That's our strength. Defense is keeping up the heat on ou. We need to avoid fouling ou, and make the FT when they foul us, which they will do starting now.

Come on Horns!! You've got this!! Stay cool, play your game!! Make a FT!

• Like Like x 1
  5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Up by 11 w about 3 1/2 to go. Can we hold on?

6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Up by 12 up 3:09 to play. We lay it in. Still up by 12. Now 2:29 up by 12 and Roach at the line. Missed BOTH

7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Coleman makes layup. Up by 12 with 1:47 to go

• Like Like x 1
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Must make our FT. And handle the press. We should win this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. uisge beatha

Good win. Not one I would have expected after the Baylor game.

• Like Like x 4
  10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

We really took it to the paint in the last 7 minutes and put the game away. Way to go Horns!! First win at OU since 2012. This was a BIG win. 77-66.

You are correct Uisge, I thought this was going to be a loss. O showed up, had 21 points. Bamba played well, Andrew Young was a big boost. We were decent at the line. And Kept Tre Young in check.

:hookem2::hookem2:

11. uisge beatha

I haven't watched ou outside of our games. From the way he's played against us, he hasn't looked like the player of the year he's hyped to. Just us doing a good job on him?

12. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Got one back after two bad Home losses, need find three more wins in these last four to have realistic chance at tournament, hard to see it but today was at least a start.

13. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

******* 11am games. I thought it was 1pm tip. Missed the whole thing.

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

How sweet it is!

• Like Like x 2
  15. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

55%FG and 38% 3pt shooting. Good recipe.

• Like Like x 2
  16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think if we win two of the last four we have a shot to get in. But Yes, if we win three that would assure the NCAA invite.
    Winning against KSU and OSU are of course our best chances; and then beating wvu at home will be more likely than beating KU at Phog Allen.

But hey, this season is totally unpredictable. Whew!! what a ride.

• Like Like x 1
  17. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

I like when Dr. Jekyll comes to town. He has the potion.

• Like Like x 2
  18. hookem245

hookem245 100+ Posts

Great win, just when I had almost given up. You just never know which team will show up. Dylan was bricking threes in the first half and he ends up high scorer. Sheesh!

• Like Like x 1
  19. hookem245

hookem245 100+ Posts

Oh, and this... Mo Bamba may be one of the best ambassadors for UT bball since KD. If you didn't see the post game interview of him with DickieV, it was exceptional as usual. DV literally couldn't keep his hands off of him. What a stand-out young man. :bevo::hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Pleasantly surprised by today's win. We ain't dead yet.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

For whatever reason, OU really seems to struggle matching up with us. That was a nice performance, the lapses were minimized, and some guys stepped up. The main thing was that the defense rebounded from being truly awful this past week. Now, we get the Baylor loss back, and if we can get K State and OSU on the road, we may be in decent shape.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

How sweep it is!

• Like Like x 2
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^This. I had never heard him interviewed before this. He seems grounded, articulate and a High IQ kid. I don't think he's going to be anything but good in all ways for UT going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Far better behaved than that dickwad Baker Mayfield.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Trae Young started to believe the hype about himself, I'm afraid. When he was quiet and reserved, people were stating that teams should sell the farm to get the next Steph Curry. Now he's just jacking up stuff from 24 feet and praying.

• Like Like x 1
  26. uisge beatha

But didn't you hear, he's being guarded and scouted like nobody else - our special snowflake#2.

• Like Like x 2
  27. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

I would say 2-2 in the final four should be enough but would probably require at least one win in the conference tourney. Kills me how they let so many games slip through their fingers. But I actually read where a 7-11 team might make the tourney. Lastly, the last four games could go either way. So, who knows with this team. I really didn’t give them much of a chance against OU. Silly me!

• Like Like x 2
  28. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Gene Peterson is that you?

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Nope. Jackie Gleason.. "The Great One"

• Like Like x 1
  30. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

YAY!! WE WON!

• Like Like x 1