Horns vs Providence

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Dec 21, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

So far, at the 17 min mark the horns are in it, even though they are playing as bad as I've seen them all year. Down by four, shooting a terrible free throw percentage, Hays in foul trouble, cannot buy a three point shot. Less than 5 assists for the whole game. If they can pull this one out with all this, it will be divine intervention.

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Honestly, when this team starts slapping the floor on defense, I just start counting down to the easy basket they give up.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

They work hard to get a good look for the three. They're getting the look, taking the shot, and missing tonight 80% of the time. If they worked that hard to get a shot to their big athletic kids inside, they'd be up tonight by double digits.

Shaka is very hard headed. He wants his team to shoot threes. He doesn't have the team that can make them consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Horns lose. Weren't beat, they just lost. Out coached and lost to a team that was not nearly as talented. Terrible offense. This team could be so much better with the right coaching.

5. khines11

khines11 25+ Posts

Take a look at what Texas Tech is doing...for the 2nd year in a row. That’s what a coach should be able to do. Shaka is in year 4. Anyone having fun watching this team? Maybe we need to build the new arena even smaller than planned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VulcanHorn

VulcanHorn 100+ Posts

Painful. Just painful to watch. Crowd is just waiting for something to cheer for. There's just nothing to grab a hold on to get the crowd excited. And if I see one more free throw shooting contest or emoji contest, I'm going to lose it!

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Good thing this team was hot for Grand Canyon.....a resume builder if you will.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Typical for this season, hard to watch, frustrating to watch. :deadhorse: