Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns11, Oct 3, 2020.
Fire Herman. **** him and the horse he rode on.
But this is true it is a wacky season, no team in conference is invincible. The conference may be won by a two loss team. But probably no chance for playoffs.
Yeah Jake was lost today. I think he had an illegal man downfield penalty too.
Herman will always be a mediocre coach. We can’t get elite coaches here
Scipio said on his podcast that TCU had no advantage and that the only reason they would be able to win is if Texas played poorly AND got outcoached.
You know I don't even care anymore. Ever year we can't even get to the OU game in good shape. You wait all year to get excited for football and then this..... We can't beat TCU. Can't beat Baylor.
Fishing is the only thing that brings me joy anymore. Just me a buddy and the lake. **** this crap. I'm heading out. Boat has gas, have a new pole to try out. Fish moving into a fall pattern and getting hungry.
Covid and this crazy season seems to have no effect on Alabama or Clemson. Maybe that has something to do with better coaching on the field and not calling out fans off the field.
^^^this may be the best question of the post game. Why indeed did TH go up tempo? There was no reason--plenty of time left and four downs to score.
Plenty of time to get the right personnel in the game--get Ingram out for a breather-- and put in Roshon, and call something other than the same damn play that TH calls in up tempo every time which Patterson knew was coming every damn time.
Just for fun, if we could somehow rip up Herman’s fat contract and replace it with a purely incentive based / merit contract, how much would we owe him thru game 3??
I guess I can be negged that's fine, but I've seen enough of TH to know his teams will blow 2-3 games season on penalties and turnovers.
First and goal on the 1 with 3 timeouts. Call an fing timeout and tell your RB, whatever you, whatever you do, whatever you do, hold on to that ball like your life depends on it. 3 plays to get a TD and they blow it.
And people wonder why TH is losing so many top recruits. How about teach them how to be accountable for their play rather than giving them sweet kisses.
To me a loss hurts more when you had every chance to win.
Do people not know Roschon was injured and couldn't go back in? Yes, that might has cost the game. I think Roschon hold on to the ball, he's smarter.
1) Gary Patterson is not only a good coach, but I think he gameplans for Texas more than any other conference team. When the camera panned to him, he was completely focused. Cumbie is especially great against us too. In the 2000s, we rarely had glaring weaknesses; recently, and today especially, coaches are studying their asses off for UT and finding one of many weaknesses. Noticed LB looked off QB, so Duggins ran through the biggest hole in a defense in years. Imagine the recruiting boost alone.
2) TCU was not only more physical but on a different level of physicality. I’m really tired of losing to this team.
3) Our best D player is Foster. Guess who bailed out terrible play by the right side of D and on the most crucial third down of the game. He’s a sub. I’m starting to rethink Sterns. BJ needs to be on field unless gassed. Second-most violent defender behind Overshawn.
4) I love Ingram, but that fumble may have ruined the season. Without breakaway speed, he needs to be second team. Our team isn’t good enough to win games in the trenches.
5) TCU was incredibly lucky today. Big plays called back. Flags thrown but no penalty awarded. Duggins’ best game. Some unbelievable and lucky throws/catches.
6) OU, Baylor, OSU, and Kansas State would’ve beaten the team on the field today.
7) Of course a UT recommitment becomes the other team’s best player. Why of course? Because UT isn’t/won’t be good without a new head coach. Recruiters whiff on players with actual talent.
These guys can't make a good play without doing something horrible the next....Ingram...He dropped a pass last year vs LSU that basically lost the game for Texas. Today he reaches for the end zone on FIRST DOWN and goal when we actually needed to eat more clock at the time..WHY WHY WHY ???? STUPID...UNCOACHED ON DETAILS !!!!!!!!! OU will kick their *** next week.These losers other than Sam and a couple players who stood tall and stayed for the Eyes..The rest left the field.....Take that TEXAS off their chests.......I'm done with them. I'll find a team that is proud to play for their University.
*sigh* I was so wrong about Herman.
**** Herman. Thinking of writing a letter to CDC saying his incompetence is devaluing my degree from UT.
And TCU played with swag; Texas, minus a handful of guys, played scared. Looking at you Jake Smith and Sterns. Pathetic
Wiley needs to be starting over Brewer.
Any truth to the rumor that we pursued Patterson before Herman, but Patterson turned us down?
I hate the Sam has to go out with this bunch.
I didn't want to believe that Georgia and Utah didn't want to be there and had nothing to play for. I wanted to believe that TH was best in the big games.
I was wrong about both.
Patterson is Bill Snyder. He has our number and consistently beats us with lesser talent.
Frankly my desire to support this particular team is inversely proportional to their desire to sing the Eyes. Normally I am pretty positive even with gut punch losses but with this team I have zero patience and it is directly tied to the Eyes of Texas issue.
Jake was running a route that made a completion less likely. Coaches calling 3rd down crossing patterns behind the line to gain know there's at least 3 things that can go wrong. Let's face it Patterson is able to do more with less. Herman can only do the opposite.
Any of you old timers think you could have scored on the Duggan run with no defender in the middle of the field. That can't be a legitimate called defense. Considering how well the Frogs ran the ball up the middle Ash must have thought that since all our middle LB's were out we will just not put anyone there.
Saw the same thing with Herman at Houston, this was why my enthusiasm was tempered after he was hired.
And it’s too fing early to drink.
Well, you hoped the Tceh game was a fluke, but now we know it wasn’t. This team isn’t the team we’d hoped it would be. It Looks pretty mediocre to me.
Probably right. If we didn't go to Ingram after he just had two consecutive plays for about 50 yards and instead had the QB go in all upright, that would have been more questionable.
edit: also, just a comment: Ingram fumbled, too, on the prior play, trying to stretch to the line, but he was down anyway.
Didn’t know he was injured. Even more reason to call time out and go over the situation and discuss what must be done.
Herman is not a great coach; it’s questionable whether he is a good coach.
Patterson is a very good game day coach; and a great defensive coach.
Give him UT’s recruiting classes for the last 4 years and I think he’d win the big 12 this season.