Horns vs. TCU - Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns11, Oct 3, 2020.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just got home from game, I mean the penalty bowl.
    Big 12 is a joke this year and we are NOT VERY GOOD —— again. In fact I do not believe we are any better than last year.
    I am no longer a Herman supporter, not gonna petition for firing early but don’t give him any more allowances.
    Sorry, just looked up to see Buchel and Naggar best Memphis - good game.
    So, in my opinion we 1) are remarkably similar to all previous Herman Texas teams, 2) we are NOT fast, how many break always did we have and get run down from behind, 3) Patterson is so much better than Herman, Sam has the same opportunity to run the draw with identical wide spread defensive line Inside the 20 but throws that stupid outside screen, Dugan runs it and scores from 26 yards out, sucks.
    Other things but what the heck, maybe we turn it around but I doubt it. At this point I’m back to my “just beat OU” and I’ll be ok.

• Like Like x 2
  2. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Tech starting qb was out early. That made a huge difference in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Herman might be better than 2 other Big 12 coaches. But not likely.

4. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I am beginning to think this team could go 5-5 or 6-4. I predicted 7-3 but after watching the last two weeks:this team is not good. Unless they improve I cant see how they can beat OU,Okie Lite,ISU or KsU. This was suppose to be the year with Sam a Senior. He cant coach,play defense and special teams. One player cannot make a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

And very close to a facemask.

6. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Ingram threw away not only a season, but a Heisman shot for Sam and hopefully put Herman on an extremely HOT seat....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Luthor Billis

Luthor Billis 100+ Posts

We lost to essentially was a High School football program. Sorry Hermann, time to update your resume.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Bunch of stuff Herman talked about being fixable last week, DIDN'T GET FIXED !!!! Heads need to roll !!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Actually the tackling was better, probably because it was so bad last week. :brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

And I thought he'd hit his low point during the unforced drop in the endzone against LSU on 4th down last year.... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

This is ABSOLUTELY spot on!

Put the ball in Sams hands there = 5th TD plus 3-0. What a HORRENDOUS call there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Next win- Kansas
    Final win- Kansas

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Absolutely every time a running back makes a big play we run tempo at least two more plays in a row by the same running back. It always fails on the second or third play in a row as the back is gassed. It happened often last year, it happened against Tech and it happened today. Why the hell are we running hurry up inside the 5 with 2 and a half minutes left????? Not the first time this coaching staff has done that. Thats why we lost to West Virginia, we ran hurry up and left enough time for them to go down the field. We were trying to do it again except we decided to fumble it away. Just terrible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Sam played very poorly. Terrible, back breaking pick before halftime. He looked totally confused by TCU D just like he did last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Credit Patterson for much of that. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

You’d have thought that on that last TCU drive, since Duggan had been running right up the middle on our D all day, we might have wanted to stop that and make them do something else, but no, we leave a 5 yard gap in the middle of the line with no LBs anywhere around. We let them burn us one more time with the most basic play in the book. Just really stupid coaching.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’ve been doing that since the first half of his freshman year. The Wolf of DRK is more like a confused kitten much of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He woke though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

It’s not the hurry up, it’s not Sam and it’s not Ingram. We are out schemed and out played. An equally talented team with a good game plan is going to beat us. It has been true for too many years, I’d say before Herman even.
    And the reason the ball was given to Ingram down there is the proverbial ‘he got us here give him the touchdown’ mentality. If there is blame blame the coaches for the call and/or the line for the inability to give him an opening.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Some posters didn’t like me saying this, but he looks like he’s put on weight, and on a very awkward part of his body.

21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

A better idea would have been to let the clock wind down and call a time out then put cody johnson in since Rochon was not available.

22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I actually thought the same thing when he got tackled for a short gain after a catch.

23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Ingram should have never had a chance to fumble. That’s on Herman. Anyone with any football sense could see — and I was at the game — that Ingram was completely gassed.

Clearly — and I’m not being sarcastic — this MENSA member lacks football acuity. Clearly he’s lost and he doesn’t know what to do.

Shades of his predecessor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

That was just as frustrating to me as the Ingram fumble. Both of them just brain dead plays. At some point you have to hold people accountable. I'd sit Ingram for the first 2 series against OU and Ash needs to give his game check up. He sure the hell didn't earn it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I saw the massive empty space In the middle of the field as soon as TCU lined up. I’m sure Dugan saw it immediately and audibled Into the QB draw.
    It had to be a busted D alignment. Our sideline should have called timeout before the snap. Game breaking D blunder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'm surprised I wasn't banned after a few of my posts. So pissed. Caught a couple of bass and life feels better. But at 60+ I'm tired of waiting for next year. I'll just fish and screw this. It's a lot more pleasant and better for the heart.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

At least Wiley was a bright spot. Hmmm, I'm sure there was someone else also.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Eagles played hard. Jake played like it was his first game but made some good plays. Punting was better this week than at Tech. Pass protection was much better than last week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Wonder if ou boards have threads on Longhorn meltdown yet.

30. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

University of Texas Snowflakes should be our new name.

• Agree Agree x 1