Horns Vs TCU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Jan 23, 2019.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Horns down by 4 at the half. It could be more. Horns have 10 TO's and most have been unforced: throwing it away, driving into traffic with no where to go, etc. This is the undisciplined, out of control, taking bad shots team that lost to Radford, VCU, and Providence. And unless Shaka decides to coach the team to play disciplined, make correct passes, stop driving into no man's land, TCU will put the horns away easily.

Also Texas did not go to the hoop enough to get enough fouls to get to the bonus. TCU, on the other hand, was in the bonus with about 4 minutes left in the half.

Horns need to play much better to win this game.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have seen more better efforts from a Nuevo Laredo *****.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You're stories usually have more details and descriptions. Let's hear it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

*Logs out of HF for a little while*

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Texas played poorly, lost in a sad way. Played hard, but not very good basketball. Turnovers, not knowing what to do on their most important, and last, possession of the game.
    The team is--get ready--not well coached. Shocking, I know.

6. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I couldn’t watch, but someone tell me. Did Shaka find the bb’s yet to put them back in the box? Just wondering.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Shaka Smart can consistently beat OU and consistently lose to TCU... his consistent inconsistency is something else.

Smart is 2-5 now against TCU.

Anyway, the BBs are lost and probably not going to be found.

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  9. VulcanHorn

VulcanHorn 100+ Posts

Cheer up, guys. We can turn this around in the next game. Next opponent is.......

oh, uhhhh, nevermind.
    :whiteflag:

10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Pregame quote from Shaka which may be slightly different, but it's what he said when asked by Craig W. his thoughts on TCU only having 8 or 9 scholarship players, "Only having 9 players makes it easier for each guy to know exactly what it is they need to do."

I guess because we have so many guys with so much talent they just might have not been clear on the expectation. What kind of garbage answer is that? I'm pretty sure he just sends the guys out there and says play hard if you want to win.

11. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^You know, really this is exactly what it looks like many times during every game. Especially in critical situations, like at the end of the first half, or end of the game when we need the shot to win or tie. The guys look confused, bunch up on one part of the court, seemingly without an assignment, no play clearly designed. It was shocking the first time I saw this; now its not surprising anymore; just frustrating and disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

By standing there under the basket and keeping him at least 3 feet from the rim?