Horns vs Waco Rapists

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by txlandagent, Jan 6, 2018.

1. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

One of the best all around half’s of basketball I’ve seen in the Shaka era. Good fundamental basketball. Team is shooting 43% FG and 46% 3pt.

Jase Febres is crushing it with 18 points, 7/9FG, 4/5 3PT. Bamba didn’t eat his Wheaties this morning. Roach has more turnovers than points. Davis stinking up the FG% but has gotten to the line twice and made 100%. Lots of positives.

• Like Like x 1
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Jase our hottest shooter in the first half by a mile, has played zero minutes in the second half and were down by 9. Not sure what the f**k Shaka is doing not putting him in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Must be stinking it up in the second half now down seven and FG% down around 38%. Wish I could be watching the game instead of watching stats on yahoo sports.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

WTF? Scores 18 in the first half then Shaka decides to outwit the other coach and sit him?

• Like Like x 2
  5. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Yeah second half has been hot garbage. 6 of Bambas points are coming off of Eric Davis misses. Baylor’s Center is dominating Bamba. Another time out and no Febres.

6. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Febres in now and the tempo is way different. Bamba picked up 2 quick blocks. DO drains a 3. Horns go on a 9-2 run only down by 2 at the break.

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

FG% down to 36% as the game slips out of reach. Apparently a sloppy bad shooting second half.

• Like Like x 1
  8. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Texas scores 0 points in final 5 minutes of the game. Complete 180 performance in contrast to the first half. 34% final output for team shooting, 31% 3PT.

:puke::brickwall::facepalm::idk:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Good gawd, how may 25ft shots does D.O. have to miss to learn he shouldn't be taking that shot?

• Like Like x 1
  10. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

What the hell is Smart's sub pattern? Hamm playing and Febres on the bench until he was totally cooled off. I wish they would forbid Roach from handling the ball. He dibbles until he runs into a triple team than forces a shot or passes to Bamba's ankles. Roach CANNOT handle the ball. He proved that all of last year. When he gets the ball, he just dribbles with his head down never looking to pass.

Texas should not have lost that game.

Wonder what is wrong with Jones. Starting to sound really bad.

• Like Like x 2
  11. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Death by committee. Agree we shouldn’t have lost this one and agree Roach should not be handling the ball. Ever. Not sure why Jase was benched. Dylan followed up his best game with his worst....3/12 shooting. Davis was 1/8. Not sure why we didn’t get Young in the game to attack the basket and get to the foul line. We only got to the charity stripe 3 times.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Not a single FT by any of the starters. There's really no excuse for guys like Dylan and Bamba to NEVER get to the line. Take it down low just once or twice. Wear out their interior.

• Like Like x 1
  13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just got home and watched the replay. 20 second half points. Wow!? That was awful.

Agree that Roach should never handle the ball. He has no clue when he dribbles into traffic and gets stuffed, or loses the ball. Where in the heck was Young. Febres was on fire until Shaka cooled him off on the bench.

Still no real clue how to roll O and Bamba to the hoop off the screen. Also there were multiple passes to Bamba that were bounce passes that got to Mo around his knees; WTF?? Two lobs--good. Need more to Mo and feed it to the big men in the paint, Only 5 FT attempts for the whole team. Why aren't our guards slashing to the hoop and forcing fouls?

It was just a poor game, poorly coached 2nd half, low energy and low IQ BB.

No way do the Horns beat TCU laying down a 20 point half. In fact, no more B12 wins with a half like that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Watching TCU and KU. Dixon is a great coach. KU has more talent than Tcu by a longshot. But TCU is tied in the final minutes. Dixon has his kids in motion, cutting rolling and mixing in a balanced attack to keep TCU in it.

Self has great talent, and he's a fine coach. But the Frogs are hanging very tough; lucky to have Dixon.

15. horn by commitee

horn by commitee 25+ Posts

I said in 2017 and say it again ....Shaka Smart is Charlie Strong 2.0 !!

16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Looked at the stats. I know Roach had more TO's than they list. He had two to Bamba alone where he drove into traffic twice and both passes below his knees. Threre were two times in the 1st half where Roach was dribbling into traffic and Febres was wide open in the corner but Roach never looked up to pass. I looked at Coleman's stats too. 5 assists and 3 TO, we need better than that from a PG.

I hope it's nothing serious with Jones and that is not just from a hoops point of view. He seems like a really nice kid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Also, Bamba may have the weakest hands in a big man since Shawn Bradley. Bamba gets stripped almost every time he gets double teamed. He will get mauled in the NBA next year. the BU big man out played him in every facet of the game.

Bamba needs to get stronger and develop a much more well rounded offensive package.

Our whole team needs to figure out how to make a jumper from 5 feet. Really, not being able to consistently hit the 3 to 5 foot jumper is killing this team.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Try hitting layups consistently.

19. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

lol. they had a bad game. shaka was pissed. my only concern is he wasn't calling timeouts when the decline began with 5 min left.

also, run spell check on your username

• Like Like x 1
  20. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I disagree, the decline began when there was 19.59 minutes left in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

down 3 with 5 min left. more importantly, really ugly O

22. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Agree, starting at 19.59 of the 2nd half. Instead of down 3 at that point, we should have been ahead if there had been any O.

23. horn by commitee

horn by commitee 25+ Posts

Sometimes I wonder if Shaka even has shooting drills in practice.

24. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I think he is runin' the quail offense, everybody scatter.

I think he studied under Penders.

• Like Like x 1
  25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

How about scoring 20 points in the last 20 minutes?!? Maybe the worst half of Texas BB all year.

• Like Like x 1