Horns win 2nd straight Quiddict World Championship

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bill in Sinton, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Great news and we were not favored to repeat but our team came through. Now we can light the tower orange with a No. 1 on it. Well done Horns!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Link

2. Bill in Sinton

Hopefully some of the games will be available. If anyone can please post. No one thought we would repeat after we lost to Baylor in regional but talk about getting your act together at the right time. I am so happy. [​IMG]

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe the correct spelling is quidditch.

4. Bill in Sinton

Right you are accuratehorn and thank you. I stand corrected.

5. Bill in Sinton

Please post if any of you know any game links.

6. Bill in Sinton

It hasn't been decided for sure but since we won the last two world cups there is talk that maybe the 2015 Quidditch World Cup will be in Austin. Wouldn't that be great?

7. Bill in Sinton

I like Quidditch.

8. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Texas is the "Hogwarts" of the New World.

Which Big Cigar wants to establish and put his name on our new "School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?" I guess this would fall under Liberal Arts.

We must not settle for just the 3 star recruits, but go after the 5 star blue chip studs so we can maintain our excellence. We should get the athletes that just want to get on that broom and never be stopped by anything or anyone. The next "Johnny Quidditch" is out there and we should get him because "We're Texas the Hogwarts of the New World."

Speaking of which we should have rocket powered burnt orange brooms that fly just like Harry and the gang have. They should have real longhorns on the front and back and a saddle seat and stirrups. What recruit could resist that? We wouldn't have to give them new cars if they could have those.
    Imagine cruising down sixth street on your own tricked out Longhorn Quidditch broom. [​IMG]

Also if any team deserved uniforms with capes it would be the back to back National Champion Quidditch Longhorns. [​IMG]

9. Bill in Sinton

Very good NB.

10. Bill in Sinton

Here is another link where you can get more information on this great game. It is probably difficult to guess but in it I am Phil C. Enjoy.
    The Link

11. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

13. Bill in Sinton

14. Bill in Sinton

Great news indeed as Austin is one of 3 finalists to host the 2015 Quidditch World Cup.

15. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts