Houston Eating

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by horntiger2010, Dec 21, 2008.

1. horntiger2010

horntiger2010 100+ Posts

I need some help. My GF wants to go out for her birthday and wants a place that you can eat and drink at the same place, and that stays open past 10 or 11. I know of Ra Sushi, but she wanted to stay away from Ra. She (WE) really miss places like Trudy's where you could eat and drink till the cows come home. If anyone can give me some suggestions, that would be great! Thanks!

HOOK EM!!

2. DrPepperHorn

DrPepperHorn 100+ Posts

El Tiempo
    Cadillac Bar
    Cafe Adobe
    Hugos
    Tila's

3. horntiger2010

horntiger2010 100+ Posts

Thank you very much!!

HOOK EM!!

4. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

onion creek is a nice laid back place where there is no shortage of beer in buckets. they have decent food.

christians tailgate in midtown has excellent burgers and is a bar. they do karaoke on fridays and saturdays and its a good time.

like the previous poster said, el tiempo on either washington or richmond is good for that and they have solid mexican.

collinas is a nice little italian place where you can bring your own wine and proceed to get ****** up.

go forth

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Haven't been in some time, but what about Last Concert

6. horntiger2010

horntiger2010 100+ Posts

Thanks guys! Keep em coming, if you have any left.

HOOK EM!!

7. Herkie Walls

Herkie Walls 25+ Posts

benjy's in the village

8. IsThatATitleist?

IsThatATitleist? 250+ Posts

America's, Churasco's

9. LonghornLayla

LonghornLayla 25+ Posts

About 50% of the time we go to Christians, my boyfriend gets extremely pissed off. Yet once every month and a half or so, he suggests eating there for the burgers. They are huge and pretty good.

10. horntiger2010

horntiger2010 100+ Posts

Thank you very much for all of your help! I am sure she will love any one of these places! Just one last question. I heard that Taco Milagro is a nice place to eat and crab drinks with friends. Is that a pretty good assumption?

HOOK EM!!

11. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

i like taco milagro. typically its a good place to sit outside on a nice day, but with kirby being all ripped up and the apartment buildings going up across the street, it would be like dining in a construction zone.

there is a berryhill just down westheimer from there that might give you something similar with a little better atmosphere.

el pueblito on richmond has a nice little patio out back and great guatamalan/mexican food.

12. foxyhorn

foxyhorn 100+ Posts

El Pueblito is a great recommendation. Awesome, relaxing atmosophere. Make sure you sit outside, the ambience is MUCH better than the inside.

13. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

If I was restricted to only the places mentioned on this thread, the very first selection would be my choice.

El Tiempo is the perfect combo for drinks and eats.

14. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Should be lots of options on Washington, too.

15. foxyhorn

foxyhorn 100+ Posts

Max's Wine Dive

16. TheRoot21

TheRoot21 100+ Posts

Pico's on Bellaire just past Chimney Rock.

17. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Max's is not a relaxed atmosphere, its douche central. How does this compare with Cadillac, Berryhill, Milagro, etc?

I find myself getting blitzed at Tealas on W. Dallas between Waugh and Dunleavy. The front porch is great in nice weather. And I don't have to drive.

Someone mentioned that Berryhill on Westheimer. Its on the side of the big antique center. That is a very relaxed place, if you don't mind the parking lot ambiance. Its a quiet lot. Esp. compared to T. Milagro down the way.

I've grown or the wife has grown tired of Cadillac, but its a down and dirty place to party, certainly.

Onion Creek seems a bit quiet and sedate. People reading books, etc, coffee shop like. Hairy legged women, etc.

18. bevorules

bevorules 100+ Posts

19. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

Lots of Mex food recs on here. Are you restricting yourself to Mex food?

20. WhoseHouse

WhoseHouse 250+ Posts

Go to El Patio. I prefer eating in the bar (Club No Minor) at the one outside the loop on Westheimer. There's a hilarious mariachi band. There's also an El Patio in Midtown but in my opinion it's not as good or as fun. Get fajitas rancheras and thank me later.

El Tiempo is also a great suggestion. Great for a group, fajitas are great, and it won't matter if you are able to stay late or not because after more than two margaritas, you'll be toast.

I don't miss many things about Houston but these places are definitely two of the few.

21. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

Max Wine Dive is a bit lame and I secon NB's mention of too many douches. The wait is usually bad and the food is average, certainly not worth what you pay. The wine selection is rather extensive, but there are other places with to go to get there.

22. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

Another vote for Club No Minor (El Patio on Westheimer) and El Tiempo (I go to the one on Washington). How about the original Ninfa's?

Max's Wine Dive is a major douchebag bar, with expensive pub grub.

I love love love me some Kenneally's pizza! Irish pub with the best pizza in town - on Shepherd between San Felipe and Westheimer in River Oaks.