Houston

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ShinerTX, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Well it looks like we are in the midst of a major flood event here. It looks like our drought is over. It would be nice if we could share some of this with central Texas.

2. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Obama's fault?

Evidence of climate change?

3. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Somebody's a little sensitive today. I thought he was going to turn it around and blame Bush. [​IMG]

4. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Our climate has changed dramatically from last summer, yes. Biden is in town today, so I'll blame him for the flood.

5. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Gosh, I get attacked for offering to spread the wealth around a little bit.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

So how is central texas doing with this rain? I went to Lake Travis a few weeks ago and it looked terrible. I plan on moving back to Texas very soon so the lake levels better get back to normal.

7. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

That's the thing, I'd love to send this rain to Travis. We've had enough and it sounds like we have a week more to go. Creeks are flooding here already. It is not going to be good.

8. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Austin has done OK over the last couple of days. No doubt they could benefit from what we're getting in Houston.

It has been a deluge at my house on the far north side since 4am.

9. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

10. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Giovanni, I hope you are correct. Cypress Creek is already flooded and several more days of rain are in the forecast.

11. Giovanni Jones

Sounds like the rain on the north side today was a lot heavier than in the central or southern areas of the Houston area.

12. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

We've had about 1.25 inches out of all of this at my house in north central Austin.

13. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

The Woodlands was pretty bad but clearing up now.

14. Giovanni Jones

ShinerTX - I didn't realize until I watched the 10 pm news last night that y'all had received about 15 inches of rain in the Cypress area since last Saturday. My apologies, I would definitely call that major flooding.

15. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

We are getting hammered again today and not in a good way.

Go to Lake Travis already!

16. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

I live in Cypress and it was a pain in the arse driving to Spring, Texas this morning. Cypress Creek and all the tributaries have done a number on the low spots where bridges cross the creeks.

17. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

We've gotten a few inches in Austin and on the lakes' watersheds over the past several days, but not near enough to bring them up. At least the Sometimes Islands near Mansfield Dam are again islands and not peninsulas as they have been for a year.