How A 'Filipino Monkey' Nearly Started a War

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by LonghornLawyer, Jan 15, 2008.

1. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

How wonderful is this:

2. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

I edited it to conform to reality:

3. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

If you people don't think the Dutch were behind this, you haven't been paying attention.

F'n Dutch.

4. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

Personally, I blame the unholy alliance of the Dutch, Stephen A. Smith, and WalMart.

5. SenateHorn

SenateHorn 250+ Posts

6. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

Don't hang that Monkey!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Monkey Hanger is the affectionate term by which Hartlepudlians are often known by other residents of Great Britain.
    According to local folklore, during the Napoleonic wars, a French ship of the type chasse marée (literally, tide-chaser) was wrecked off the coast of Hartlepool. The only survivor was a monkey, wearing a French uniform (presumably to provide amusement for those onboard the ship). On finding the monkey, some locals decided to hold an impromptu trial on the beach; since the monkey was unable to answer their questions, they concluded that it was a French spy. The animal was thus sentenced to death and hanged from the mast of a fishing boat on the Headland. Nowadays, many Hartlepudlians have positively embraced the term, and only a small minority still consider the term 'Monkey Hanger' offensive. It is often used to refer to supporters of Hartlepool United Football Club by supporters of their arch rivals Darlington.

7. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

That Monkey has got some brass balls.

Brass Monkey - that funky Monkey
    Brass Monkey - junkie
    That funky Monkey

8. judgroybeanbag

judgroybeanbag 500+ Posts

I have a buddy at work who was in the Navy. He said the guy was a riot. Although annoying at times - he would get on the radio and sing in a falsetto voice all night.

9. dognduckhorn

dognduckhorn 500+ Posts

I say we slap that monk.....never mind. I had a 316 moment there...

10. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

11. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

12. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

13. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

That's probably the best explanation...

Because we know Bush lied and the Navy lied...

[​IMG]

14. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

Has the White House even been asked? Did anyone there have a hand in Bryan Whitman, the top Pentagon official in charge of media relations, hatching to the press an "off the record" trumped up and spliced together story on the eve of Bush's ME trip ? just wondering.

15. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

I'd also add that I haven't seen a single affirmative statement as to when the audio of the "Filipino Monkey" was actually recorded. The impression that it occurred simultaneously with the speedboats on that day is an assumption based on an intentional paired association.

I imagine someone at the Pentagon has a lot more tape of this guy's crazed ranting stored somewhere that has been saved over time.