How Bad do you Want Ewers?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Dec 7, 2021.

1. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

I agree. The NIL may have prevented college football from becoming college basketball.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Ketch says if he had to future-cast Ewers, it would be to Texas, based on the fact that Ewers already met with Tech coaches this week and didn't commit.
    He's waiting for the Texas visit. You always want the last visit from the Texas perspective.

If he picks Texas, hopefully Sark can steer this boat on a straight course with no pet monkeys or other nonsense. It's time for Texas to get good at football.

Would be nice to pull in Banks and other OL that have portaled. Maybe the LB or WR from LSU decommits also.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Done as of a few minutes ago according to 247.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Done deal. Man, that's a pretty solid weekend's work!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

:hookem:
    ...That is all

6. RainH2burntO

Let's hope we make some moves on defense, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Hats off to Sark on a great weekend. This ain’t over. More is coming.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Texas Lawhorn

Texas Lawhorn 100+ Posts

Ewers, Bijan and Worthy! Sounds like the triplets from the Cowboys. My hope is that we get some offensive line transfers to help these guys out. We’ll also need some help from the defense. All and all, a great weekend for the good guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

The Prodigal son of Texas football is returning to Austin.

A little over a year after Quinn Ewers flipped his commitment from Texas to Ohio State, the former Southlake (Texas) Carroll five-star passer will finally arrive in Austin, sources told Horns247. (Pete Thamel was first to report.) Ewers grew up a Texas fan and originally committed to the Longhorns prior to the 2020 season. When Tom Herman and the Longhorns struggled out of the gate and into another poor season, Ewers chose to decommit and later pick the Buckeyes.

Originally a 2022 prospect, Ewers should still be playing in the 6A-DI state semifinals this weekend when his old team matches up against Duncanville. Ewers instead opted to reclassify prior to the fall and enroll a year early at Ohio State in order to compete for playing time and take advantage of the name, image and likeness rules that allow college athletes to make money from endorsements.

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Ewers, finally, in the burnt orange house... where he really wanted to be all along.

He will attract other quality recruits we want to commit / sign LOI's.

HUGE piece of Sark program mosaic to rebuild and win consistently again....

• Like Like x 6
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^^ now, just need to recruit some stud OL picks to block for him and the RB's.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Great news! Hook 'Em.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Next question, what happens to Casey and Card? And will we still be able to hang on to Murphy?

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They get to compete, just like Ewers and Murphy.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Glad we got him. Nice to read some good news instead of seeing headlines about guys who decommitted. I hope he turns out to be as good as everyone says.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

One important fact to remember is Ewers WANTS to be here.:hookem:
    Loving that "Sark is the one "margarita":coolnana:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Maybe they can hit the portal and free up more spots for offensive linemen and linebackers! Nothing personal, but their playing time at Texas ended yesterday.

Murphy still needs to sign. However, he needs to redshirt. He is a raw project.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm actually pretty sure we're going to have severe depth problems now at QB (including Maalik whose open love and support for UT even during the 5-game losing streak has been crushed under the rush to hand the position to Quinn). There's always blowback in the age of the transfer portal. Live by the transfer, die by the transfer.

But on the optimistic side, you would think the offense will load up now that a superstar (on paper) is playing QB.

19. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

On to the Brockermyer(sp) brothers , please.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I really like Murphy as a project, but I think we've seen that there are really no such thing as QB projects any longer. You either play or you don't, and when they don't, they portal. His arm really reminds me of VY's at Madison, but he doesn't have near the escapability that Vince showed.

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nothing personal but I hope this is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I wonder what Sark has said to him...
    You have all the tools to be a Heisman winner, but we need to work on your mechanics and progressions. Stick with me...

23. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

24. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Murphy has said that Sark was always upfront about offering other QBs.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Sarkisian can pick and coach quarterbacks. If Murphy wants to be an NFL quarterback it will pay him to hang around UT learning. Worked out for the guy starting for the Patriots this year ...after starting one year at Bama.

• Like Like x 1
  26. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Matt Cassel backed up Leinart at USC under Sark as OC.
    He had a longer NFL career than Leinart did.

• Hot Hot x 1
  27. RainH2burntO

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

We got a commitment from a QB named Evers. I had about 5 seconds of "no f'n way". Then the link opened. Godspeed.

Has UT ever had a problem getting recruits? The issue I've seen is getting them to consistently play with heart, discipline, and controlled fury. Something that OU teams have lacked as well of late. Hopefully, bringing back the psychopath in Schmitty will help fix that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Before the season, I thought our defense would shine (with limitations) and we would get a top-notch defensive recruits for 2022. Instead, our offense shone (with even more limitations) and we are getting top notch offensive recruits (though WR is underwhelming).

Note I read that Texas is trying to land some coveted S, DB, and WR recruits between now and Wednesday.

30. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

My theory is that they are fed too well and lack the necessary hunger
    Calorie restriction might be the way

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1