How bad is this economy going to get?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by AustinHorn24, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Even if your numbers are right, that is still less than half of the number of people that die on Texas roads each year. I'm still trying to understand why we don't start to harvest the Antibodies from people who have already gotten the Corona Virus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I'm not even surprised at this nonsense anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• poop poop x 2
  4. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Well LSU did win the Natty this year.

But on a serious note. The money always goes to "friends".

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not one of these people who thinks college isn't worth it (yet), but we need to stop viewing them as well-meaning and benevolent institutions of education. They are political cronies that are as sleazy as the biggest rent seekers and welfare queens in society and as greedy as the greediest business interests in the country. As a former legislative aide and practitioner of "God's Work," I'm no fan of the insurance lobby, but the higher education cartel is ten times worse.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If those two industries disgust you, stay away from examining the plaintiffs' bar's activities. You'll become apoplectic at the gentlemen doing God's Work!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've examined them. They do have their faults. They're choir boys compared to the higher education lobby, but they do have their faults and bad apples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The University System stole $172 million from the Cares Act. Can’t wait for the next phone call asking for a donation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Texas Freedumbs

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Like I've said before, a college or university is no more worthy of a donation than your local post office is. In fact, it might be less.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Stupid nitwits are chanting that they want to go back to work. Shame on them!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Some people would rather take their chances with the virus rather than starve to death.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You have to admire Lobo's dedication to ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So LH thinks Texans who want to work are "FreeDumbs"
    I :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That tells you a little about his work ethic. How ‘bout those Libs!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Just think, guys. LH's vote counts the same as all of ours. I don't know if I should laugh or cry about that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Crap Gar
    That is depressing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm not worried about his, but I am worried about the illegals and dead people he "helps" vote.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Dallas Morning News said the crowds was hundreds. That shot was a couple thousand. They did a good job undercounting the turn out.

Sad that people think freedom is dumb and wanting to work is somehow uncaring. Takes a pretty uncaring person to think that way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Give me liberty or give me death. Pretty original thought, huh?

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You guys do know that there will be a news story reporting that people got the coronavirus from these rallies. LH will be reporting it with certain glee. Then we'll find out that it's fake news and we'll all have another laugh at LH's expense.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think some of those people definitely got Corona virus. Listening to a Swedish epidemiologist, it is probable that 30%-50% of the population already has it.

24. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Agree, we should bomb the **** out of Virginia, California, New York and every other liberal POS state, lets bring them freedom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Finally sanity in this idiotic times.

26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Looking forward to it.

You just depressed the **** out of me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I have been thinking for weeks that the “bend” in the curve wasn’t 100% due to social isolation but also due to herd immunity. It appears that in nursing homes and the like the virus burns itself out either due to immunity or the host dies. That’s why the death rate flattens. Same for hard hit urban areas and parts of Italy. In short, I think social isolation slows it down but the only true fix is herd immunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yeah. The only reason to slow down the spread is to prevent prisons from being overwhelmed.

29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I am a very bad person. I just don't give a damn if prisons are overwhelmed. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Of course, the only misdemeanor I've ever committed is speeding and driving without my seat belt.

30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

As someone in a very high risk group (I live with 55-60% lung capacity) I don't expect millions of people to go without work and have their lives destroyed because of me. We'll have to take some risks to get this economy going again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3