How bad is this economy going to get?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by AustinHorn24, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Nothing like good ole, plain talk.

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Now you know my reaction when I read your posts.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Then let me tell you how to save yourself frustration. Simply don't read my posts since you can't comprehend them.

• poop poop x 2
  4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Then who will I make fun of?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

6. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Look in the mirror.

7. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Dang man. After reading that, I got all anxious that I had somehow forgotten to turn in a TPS report or something...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Regarding the photo/video of milk trucks dumping milk on the ground, there used to be a government cheese program where the government would buy excess milk from dairymen during times of low prices and make cheese with it. The cheese would be distributed (or at least made available) to the poor and the nearly-poor. I understand the economic rationale behind dumping milk to support prices, and I understand the perishable nature of milk. But something in me is abhorred by such a waste of food when plenty of folks out there are going without.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

The milk wasn’t being dumped to support prices. It was presumably dumped because there is a time window before it goes bad and the producer was unable to get it to dairy because the dairy has shut down. This is a supply chain problem. It is wasteful, but that’s the developing situation.

11. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

12. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I do believe Trump was chosen by God to smite the leftist whackos of the Democratic Party. Prove me wrong!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Children of the Quarn...

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

DERP!!!!!

16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

LH, maybe you should avoid searching for and listening to wackos no one has ever heard about. I don't think it is helping you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

You are misguided. It isn’t the government that manipulates the currency.. The “independent” federal reserve is the culprit. But the federal reserve does cater to the banking system and of course the government is in cahoots with both. The government chooses deficit spending to satisfy the demands from everywhere (military, Medicare, constituents), and the federal reserve accommodates by manipulating interest rates, lowering and raising the money supply. And when the banking system falters, the federal reserve uses its powers to bail out individual banks. And whereas Congress, at least in theory, answers to the public, the federal reserve answers to no one.

18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

This might be the dumbest post I've ever read on here, and that is saying something, just look at some of the stupid **** I post.

Yes, congress answers to the people, that is why they just voted themselves a raise with the CV relief package.

• poop poop x 2
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Mus is right Austin_bill and your comment aligns with his. He said in theory the Congress answers to the people. Obviously in practice we are seeing just how much accountability they have to us. Solo un poco.

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Also going to add that my corporation is now under severe cost constraints. Factories are running some of the time only. All salaried employees will be forced to take half their vacation before July. Next step is laying off a large amount of people. We were already in the process of downsizing.

If the economy doesn't start opening back up in May, most of us will no longer be working from home. We will be unemployed at home with no jobs available.

This is what forced quarantine looks like. The government and the wealthy get to protect themselves from disease at everyone else's expense.

21. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

22. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

FIFY.

23. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

The very best people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

All of Trumps kids are smart articulate adults, much more so than Obama's woke kids.

26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

27. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Fortunately my renters paid this month, I didn’t take the survey.

28. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I’m going to be taking payments in BTC on my website soon. The stock market is NOT done falling. Real Estate, and many Industries will feel this for a while.....maybe years. We all need to adjust and get ready. Online businesses, BTC, anything that does not rely too much on fiat currency. IMHO.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Michael Burry, famous for calling the 'Big Short,' thinks the response has been worse than the disease itself. He also has an Md --

"If COVID-19 testing were universal, the fatality rate would be less than 0.2%"

there is no justification for sweeping government policies, lacking any and all nuance, that destroy the lives, jobs, and businesses of the other 99.8%."
    'The shut down is not good for anyone': Famed 'Big Short' investor Michael Burry unloads on coronavirus lockdowns, says the response has been worse than the disease itself | Markets Insider

ps - i liked the film if you are looking for something to watch

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  30. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Although many businesses are closing, revenue streams slow, and profits turn to losses, the government will issue more “stimulus”, the fed will expand its balance sheet to make more bailouts, and if necessary, the fed will bend the rules and purchase stocks outright. In other words, the stock market may remain elevated for much longer than the fundamentals Indicate possible. But if millions of people get further behind while simultaneously losing faith in the federal government, eventually faith in the currency will follow. Up goes gold and cryptocurrency.

• Agree Agree x 1