How Big Is The Bama Game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by MajorRules00, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

He put the Bevo head on because ou barely survived freaking Tulane.
    And when we **** the bed, there was no more interest, nationally. None.

Some can try to convince themselves we're still relevant outside our bubble. We're not. We're in the same bucket as Free Shoes, Usc, Nebraska. People don't think of those programs either, unless it's to poke fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Here's how I view the Bama game...
    They will care..and their fans will care . And national eyes will be on it.
    As for the game of football... We will give it all we got and keep it respectable is my best guess..
    A blowout and the talk is we have a looong way to go ...will take many years or never happen...and can't spit shine the upper tiers boots..
    Keep it close and look respectable and the talk will be Sark has things moving in the right direction and we need a couple years.
    I do not foresee a blowout fwiw.
    Losing a close one that we had a decent chance to win to LSU took some wind out of the team two years ago and had a mostly negative effect. Playing tough and keeping it close...being in it w Bama but losing could have an opposite...positive effect.
    To answer the question more directly..
    How big is it?
    On a scale of 1-10 it is a 6.9-7.1 as far as meaningfulness to us goes..which is how I understood the original question. Would mean more if we were already contenders.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  3. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

DKR will be full with the exception of the newly renovated end zone. It sure makes the stadium appear empty. Something needs to be done about that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Bama playing a warm up contest against a 5-7 opponent isn't usually considered a big game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I say move the band there.

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Not saying it's a big game.
    But this early in the season we should both be 1-0. :)
    And name recognition alone will have televisions tuned in.
    Plus the side offerings of Texas joining SEC and Sark playing Saban.
    It will be played up in the media.
    And the stadium will be full because, well, it's Bama.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

Can we just fill the stadium with our fans??
    Man, those people are obnoxious....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

The issue seems to be the Bevo seats and the SRO on the ground level are held by the same people. And most of them appear to prefer to go downstairs and SRO. So it makes that seating look perpetually empty.

IMO we should make the Bevo/End Zone section for the Rowdies. The fans who get a little wilder, party a little harder, etc. I've seen that kind of arrangement work well in other places (like the Oakland Coliseum). With the Rowdy section getting very loud in key situations.

DKR is a great family experience. But that section needs to be reserved for folks who live on the edge.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as the jumbotron is blaring, the band might as well be seated at House Park.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Want to know how relevant this is? Multiply any number by 0 and you have the correct answer.

11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.
    But thanks for sharing.

And you might have noticed the smiley face indicating a bit of levity.
    I know it's hard for you to pass an opportunity to try and show superiority over other posters.

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  12. RainH2burntO

Not to go all patronizing but...lol..
    I always laugh when you guys "argue".
    You both have similar posting styles and any criticism of the other comes off like the ol pot and kettle. You just typically focus on pointing out ironies, or things you feel are irrelevant or miss the point, you both jump in on people you feel are painting with too broad a brush or especially if they are being presumtuous or judgemental. And you both like to say "duh" in your mind to others and point out how wrong headed they are.
    You both are very blunt and unfiltered and come across a little harsh at times. And often communicate through sarcasm. You both despise what you view as narrowmindedness. You both are not very diplomatic or winsome in expressing views and wouldn't make great politicians.(and I'm sure you both would be very proud of that fact).
    You both are passionate and hold your convictions tightly and have a hard time not getting irritated or annoyed when you feel those are violated.
    You both care...a lot
    A few other things...
    You have both become two of my favorite posters and, for the record, are the two I'd most like to meet and sit down with. You guys are great and much appreciated here. Now kiss or hug or fist bump or "air" five or bump or whatever and makeup.
    ;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  13. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Ok, Dad. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

There is no happy face in the post I replied to.That was in a post I didn't reply to which came after the one I did. Hope that clears it up for you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  15. RainH2burntO

Oh..yeah...
    That reminds me...
    You're both very "exacting"
    :)

16. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

Well, we could just cancel it and bring in a team no cares about and have another game with a half empty stadium, like we just saw with K State.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I stand corrected.
    But stand behind my other comments.

18. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep, that's an idea.

19. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

A bad idea. :)

• Agree Agree x 2