How can you not like Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SlingeroGuitaro, Jan 12, 2008.

1. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

The reason Favre gets more love than Aikman is because Favre keeps doing it regardless of who he's throwing or handing the ball off too. And it's hard to ignore Aikman only threw more than 20 TDs once in his career while Favre threw more than 30 TDs eight times. And Aikmans interceptions numbers are hardly impressive when you look at how many TDs he threw (or didn't throw).

2. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

3. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

El Chivo,

It wasn't Driver or Ferguson who Favre called out, it was Javon Walker. Although I didn't necessarily agree with Favre at the time, it looks like he knew more than we did. Javon Walker is already trying to force his way out of Denver. Plus the guy had 2 years remaining on his contract. A lot of teams won't renegotiate contracts with that much time left on them unless it is mutually beneficial. It was unfortunate that Walker proceeded to get hurt as soon as he came back but he got paid in Denver.

Most of these guys who cross Favre end up fading into oblivion.

4. ojdidit

ojdidit 25+ Posts

I can never forgive him for laying down for Strahan to hand him the sack record on the last day of the season. His tackle had held Strahan in check all game amid the hype of him breaking the record and then Favre just laid down and let him jump on him. Hell, Favre was already smiling before he got up.

That's not to say that I hate him. I think he is probably a pretty good guy, but for me that was an act of arrogance and disrespect for the game and I can't see someone like Montana, Marino, Unitas etc. doing that.

5. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

I don't like Favre, but it has almost nothing to do with Favre. I don't like him because of the way the media treats him and talks about him. Every nice play he makes is the greatest play ever.

6. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

7. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

8. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

i used to live up near GB... real nice guy, met him a few times as a kid and well he really gives to the community.

9. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

10. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

I don't like Brett Favre. I love him. It will be a sad day when he retires.

GO PACK GO

11. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

Ummm...if you live in Chicago? People here hate that guy.

12. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

I hate him because he wouldn't give me the name of his pain management doctor. I'm pretty sure his name is Manny, though.

13. jthomen

jthomen 25+ Posts

Hating Brett Favre = FAIL

14. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

I have always liked Favre. I just like to watch him play. The game on Monday Night after his fathers death was legendary.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

16. Hornstradamus

Hornstradamus 25+ Posts

Because off the camera he is a prick

Ever heard about his relationship between him and Aaron Rogers? None exists because Rogers tried to talk to Favre when he first arrived and Favre wanted nothing to do with him whatsoever

I remember an ESPN article a few weeks into Rogers first year where Favre was so much of a prick that he wouldn't even respond to Rogers

Get over yourself, Brett. You d-bag

17. LostinTime

LostinTime 25+ Posts

He is an *** hat . Sorry I do not and wil not ever like him. [​IMG]

18. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

Umm...treating Aaron Rogers like **** is only going to give the crowd here all the more reason to like Brett Favre.

19. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

20. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Rodgers complained to the media that the only reason Favre was the starting QB was because he was politicking for it.

21. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

Cowboys fans on this board are starting to remind me of the 72 Dolphins. They hang their hat on accomplishments from the past and refuse to acknowledge that any subsequent accomplishments can ever rival those of the mighty Cowboys.

In previous threads, it was a refusal to admit that just maybe this years Patriots team could beat the Aikman era teams. Now we hear that Aikman was a better QB than Favre. If you were to ask that question in any state but Texas (not just Wisconsin mind you) the majority of people would pick Favre and its not even close. Must be a media conspiracy on the scale of the BOMC. But wait....I thought the Cowboys were Americas team...how is that possible?

Quick look at the stats:

Aikman - 33K yards, 165TD/141 INTs, 61.5 comp %
    Favre - 62K tards, 442 TD/288 Ints, 61.4%

One of the previous comments claimed Aikman was much more accurate, and mentioned Favre's higher number of INT's. In reality they had the same completion percentage and Favre has a better TD/INT ratio.

Finally you can not over look Favre's consistent production over a 16 year run in Green Bay. Aikman had three seasons where he started all 16 games.....Favre has fifteen seasons without missing a start. Simply incredible stat.

22. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I am probably the biggest Cowboys fan on this board, mainly because I am getting old and have been a die hard fan since Don Meredith's first broken nose. The Packers are my second favorite team. Aikman and Favre are both great QBs. f**k the haters.