How come all of our sports of late not coached by Tom and Shaka are doing great vs mediocre results?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mchammer, Apr 21, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Swimming and Diving
    Volleyball
    Baseball and softball
    W Bball
    M and W Tennis
    Track
    Etc

2. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Is this a rhetorical question?
    Because Shaka and Tom sucked which is why they are now gone.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Horns11

Horns11 5,000+ Posts

Because a school with the resources of Texas should be able to stay competitive in the non-revenue sports. Especially in a year like this with the pandemic... when mid-level schools have to make a ton of cuts, those same cuts don't really hurt us as much. I assume we're near or at the top of the Director's Cup standings, but they put it on hold back in November due to the pandemic scheduling and what-not.

No one likes the response of "football and basketball are hard," as this board's reactions to press conferences have been the vomit emoji for a while now, but it definitely holds true when looking at the Director's Cup. Clemson beat the everloving **** out of Alabama the last time they were including college football as part of the overall rating, and Clemson was still just #14 in the Cup standings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 2,500+ Posts

Amazing things happen when players spend more time focusing on their sport as opposed to extraneous issues.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

You could be on to something...

6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I'm just curious if this thread would set the record for longest title.

:thumbup:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think I used the max allotment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm I can’t say why all the teams not coached by Tom or Shaka don’t suck. It’s on the tip of my tongue but I just can’t think of the reason why only the teams coached by Tom and Shaka sucked.
    someone help me out

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 2,500+ Posts

I think CDC has a good chance of having built quite a legacy. But its early yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1