How do I find this car part?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, May 7, 2008.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

Car got broken into. I need an interior dash/console part for my 2002 Black Tahoe with tan interior. I only require the single circled piece in the picture. It is the cover to the cd storage compartment and covers the tape player.

What is the best way to get this piece?

[​IMG]

2. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

This is going to be a dealership available product.

Capitol Chevrolet Parts WHSE
    4401 Freidrich Lane BLDG4 Suite 408
    Austin, TX 78744

For Parts Inquiry: Call 512-476-0408
    Watts: 1-800-252-9670
    Email: Parts@capitolchevy.com

I would call them, then get a direct Email to someone & send your exact photo with the item circled just as you have. The idea here is to make sure they get the pic & then reply to you within @ least 10 minutes.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Best way? Breaking into a 2002 Tahoe that has a tan interior.

4. txfight84

txfight84 100+ Posts

a cheaper solution may be a junkyard...although finding a car that new in a junk yard may prove difficult...its an idea anyway...

5. Blain

Blain 100+ Posts

6. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

The same thing is in many Silverado and Sierra pickups. If you find one in the junk yard, get me the right side passenger front pillar cover.

Damned carwash guy broke the retaining tab on mine so now it flops down all the time. He must have thought it was a handle. [​IMG]

7. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Check the price at the dealership, then check the price at a couple of salvage yards. You might need the interior color code, which is probably on a sticker on one of the door posts.

8. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

GM Parts Direct

Click on the Yellow box at the bottom of the page. Input your year, make and model and then look for "Console" on the right.

Excellent option for GM Parts.

EDIT: Blain beat me to it.

9. The Bandit

The Bandit 100+ Posts

As others have mentioned, gmpartsdirect.com is your best bet. I have yet to buy a part for a GM vehicle cheaper.