How do you ask a woman out on a date?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Punt on 1st Down, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

2. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

3. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

for the ultra rich, a few thousand here or there of free money is loose change.

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

In reply to:

5. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

6. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

7. Praise of Folly

8. Praise of Folly

9. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

10. Praise of Folly

11. fuzzymath

fuzzymath 25+ Posts

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. [​IMG]

12. Praise of Folly

Ok, since this thread has turned into finances and scholarships, this is how it was for me.

5 classes, 3 hours each, 15 hours total -- $60
    there were 3 or 4 building/facilities fees at $20-$30 each -- call it $90
    2 English classes, 10 books each at roughly $3-$5 -- maybe $90
    Philosophy and Classics classes -- more $3-$5 books
    History, Government, Calculus, Physics, Astronomy -- those books were probably in the $15-20 range, but I only had to buy one for each class; and I didn't take those classes every semester.

Oh, and I took 3 years of Spanish at UT but those books weren't very expensive.

So, I'll increase my cost per semester to $300. The primary cost was books.

13. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

14. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Praise, do you like fast cars and fast women? I'm just asking.

15. mrjefft

mrjefft 100+ Posts

And now what the heck does "Praise of" boasting about himself have to do about this guy's date question. I see someone here knows nothing about picking up women.

Lesson ONE: Talk about something OTHER THAN YOURSELF. Most people really could care less about YOU and would rather talk about something else.

On the other hand: If you are so wealthy, how about paying MY way through college?? I'm sure your low cost college education is paying dividends by now!!!!!

16. Praise of Folly

17. sawbonz

sawbonz 500+ Posts

re cheap *** tuition: one of my ped surg attendings during intern year had attended UTMB in the early-mid 80's. med school tuition was 250 per semester. 2 grand total for an MD. I figure law school was prob around the same. how awesome would that have been?

and for Praise: Brevity is the soul of something....

18. Praise of Folly

sawbonz, cool. Yeah, it was cheap back in the day.

When I went to UT it was $4 per credit hour and $40 per hour for out of state students. When UT tripled tuition to $12/hr., we students marched to the Capitol to protest. Paul Begala was our student body president (he finished second to Hank the Hallucination -- you can Google that if you don't know, but the Hallucination was a character in the comic strip Eyebeam; I voted for the Hallucination, I've been doing that for a long time) -- anyway, Begala was allowed to speak on the Tx Capitol House floor about our concerns.

Of course, Begala went on to bigger and better things than I have accomplished.

19. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

20. Praise of Folly

21. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

22. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

23. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Praise, I'd figure a badass like yourself wouldn't have trouble getting dates or asking a girl out. Or was the original point of this post was to draw attention to the possibility that a girl might like you? Were you looking for support posts because you're unsure of yourself or was it just a sly way for you to boast about a girl liking you?

So, now you do remember that you got scholarships but you just turned them down?

24. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

I feel sorry for anyone who read this entire thread.

25. Praise of Folly

Rama,

I'd have to go back and read the first post. Yeah, no doubt, I'm unsure of myself with regard to relations with women. I had some long-term relationships (that has already been discussed). I had a couple of recent dates. They went well.

Regarding this weird obsession with "memory," I'll say it again -- it was 25 years ago -- and I didn't need the money, UT was cheap, so I didn't give a ___ about scholarship offers. Yeesh.

Well, by the time I took the LSAT, I was driving a Buick Regal. It only had a 305ci engine and could probably only hit about 115-120 mph.

I'm not trying to impress anybody. This is a freakin' message board where people just throw out random thoughts to see how people respond and to see if anyone has anything constructive to say.

I appreciate those of you who have given good advice, for the rest of you who just want to snicker -- you can blow me.

26. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

In reply to:

27. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

28. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

The 95%tile for UT Law scares me... I'm applying in a year. [​IMG]

29. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

30. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts