How does Orlando have a job?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Nov 3, 2018.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

just curious

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He seemed pretty good last year. I'm not sure yet which is the abberation, although I should note he got lit up big time by Navy, SMU, and Memphis during his last year in Houston.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  3. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Orlando defense is high risk, high reward. When not getting turnovers it is very vulnerable to big plays. The tackling this year has been horrible whereas last year the tackling was very good.

4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Didn’t see him miss any tackles or take any bad angles. He shut out out WV in 3rd qtr, pretty sure he didn’t lose all his knowledge in the 4th qtr

Coach Herm has repeatedly said it, we can win every game with our A game. We are not good enuff to bring anything less and expect to win, esp ag a Heisman trophy and Belitkinoff trophy finalist

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Last year was the aberration. I posted a detailed concern about Orlando before last year and he shut me up. Basically his pass defense was not good at Houston and how would he adapt to the pass happy Big XII. Well, I'm really worried that this will be the norm.

6. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Defensive line is weak.

Football 101: No pass rush = Not too many victories.

This is not about coaching. We need to recruit playmakers on the D-Line and Linebackers.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Well considering the starters are seniors and about to graduate we might be in real trouble next year

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No pass rush and Orlando has been figured out. I knew Poona was going to be our biggest loss.

9. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

Nailed it. I am sick and tired of seeing 2/3 of our recent recruiting classes being filled with DB's and receivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Couldn't agree more! Recruit 7-8 O-Lineman every year. Recruit 7-8 D-Lineman every year. This is how quality NFL teams are built. From the lines out. Must have quality depth in the trenches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1