How does the Mighty Sec get away with this Ponzi scheme

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by NRHorn, Jun 3, 2017.

1. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I didn't look at every school, just a few powerhouses. They should be ashamed and other non conference legit D1 teams should only play these Charlatans at home because of this nonsense.
    I get playing a favorable non conference, but Mercer vs Bama???? Gators hosting a church ???

FLA
    UMass, North Texas and Presbyterian.

Georgia
    Appalachian ST, Samford (yes with a AM not TA)

Missouri where Jordan can play at a higher level
    MO ST, Idaho, UConn

Mighty BAMA
    Colorado ST, Fresno, Mercer (not a misprint) Mercer

Aggie
    Nichols St and New Mexico

Piggie (next to Bama piggie gets the sorry SOB award for this):
    Florida A&M, New Mexico St and Coastal Carolina

Ole Miss
    South Bama, UT Martin, Bobby Bushea

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

There goal is to get their teams in bowl games and then be the best conference in America. They achieve this with their "great" out of conference record and number of teams in bowls. Hard to understand Big 12 schedule or any other conference outside of SEC where the SEC teams play a couple of conference games and then a bunch of cream puffs and get everyone in bowls and bragged about on ESPN because of their great records.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget they play one less conference game than the other conferences.

• Like Like x 4
  4. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

SEC should be banned from the CFP until they play 9 conferences games and one P5 school.

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Last year the atm's played 9 games in the state of Texas. Including a 23-10 beat down of UTSA in Hooterville and their bowl game where K-State completed it's "Texas Sweep" (beat UT, TCU, Tech, Baylor, atm).

• Like Like x 2
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

@NRHorn some churches are pretty vicious tho. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You misunderstood this. They're playing Presbyterian. As in, the entire denomination. At once. Should be interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  8. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The Horns used to play the Baptists, Methodists, and Christians every year in the old SWC.

Of course that was offset in God's eyes by getting physical with piggys, aggys, and sooners.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProdigalHorn

Yeah but that's different because they were in Texas, at schools which apparently each loved football even more than God.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Looking at it this way, I'd probably put money on the Presbyterians. That said, most of the Presbyterians I know are pretty chill, so maybe it's close?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Playing in the Big XII is like playing that schedule the whole year. This conference sucks.

****only partial sarcasm intended****

Have any of you taken a gander at the Big XII out of conference schedule? It's littered with names just like this. Texas does a great job of playing up, but seriously stop pretending that this is just an SEC thing. It gets old hearing the blind whining.

Last week I was smoking a brisket overnight and listened to the Horn. There was a B1G radio show on and several times they referenced the Texas media bias because we unfairly get ranked in the top 25 regardless of how crappy we have played. I laughed because the FIRST thing I thought about is the SEC media bias and SEC in general obsession on this board. Its borderline comical.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good points Vol, but the $EC seems to go out of their way to minimize exposure of their conference teams to actual competition.

In reality each conference actually has 2/3 strong teams with the rest serving as fodder for the strong teams.

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Pretty much agree with this! Big XII has been mostly just OU for the last decade... I don't count Baylor because, well, you know.

14. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

What is amazing is that the Aggies were ranked in the top 4 last year with a cup cake resume. Then the annual melt down in the second half of the season. Rinse wash repeat.

15. yelladawgdem

The biggest OOC win for the Big 12 last year was OSU's home win against an 8-5 Pitt team.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The difference is most of us will admit that we get ranked too high in preseason many years.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm an elder in the Presbyterian Church. And I can tell you, nobody has contacted me about no game.

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

My advice is you start strength training and running on your own, then have some organized practices after Wednesday night choir practice. Texanne, do you line up at corner or safety?

19. yelladawgdem

Texanne.....just run the damn ball. It ain't rocket science. Line up, run the ball off tackle and you will beat inferior teams every time. Heard Barry Switzer once talking about all the yards and scores et al. "People treated me like i was some sort of offensive genius. Christ, I was there 16 years and only ran 4 plays the whole time".

Can you say "Tom Osborne"?

:deadhorse:

• Like Like x 2
  20. ProdigalHorn

In all fairness, there's not a lot to the wishbone. And when you have Keith Jackson, it's basically fullback dive, option right, option left and play action TE deep.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Please don't mention Keith Jackson, the kid from north Little Rock, who wanted to go to Texas, his mother wanted him to go to Arkansas, and they compromised on Oklahoma. :rolleyes1:

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

They perpetuate the myth that the SEC is the toughest conference in all of NCAA D1 football. The problem is, all the sports services buy into that pile of crap.

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I believe the 4 plays he had were: Offer money, offer jobs, offer cars, offer hookers.