How does UT finish?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FridayNiteLites, Nov 10, 2011.

1. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

4 games left. Mizzou, KSU, atm, BU
    Three on the road. I predict a sweep.
    Mizzou-mudhole
    KSU-they are Longhorn kryptonite, Horns are due
    Aggy-will they be playing for bowl eligibility? Hurting at RB and WR. I have to believe their confidence is shot.
    BU-Horns play keep away and pound them a la OSU.
    For all you guys that want to take it "one game at a time" it's all for fun.
    Thoughts?

2. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

3. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I think we can win out. I would consider it an excellent season if we did. I consider it a good season if we lose 1 of remaining 4. i dont see us losing more than 1.

4. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Until the Horns prove they can beat KSU, I'll have to predict 3-1.

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think 2-2 is most likely but I'm hoping for 4-0. None of the final teams are "bad," by any stretch. They're #'s 9, 12, 14, and 15 in the Sagarin computer rankings.

I think we whoop up on Mizzou, lose to A&M (they have played better against us than they should have compared to common opponents in every season going back to 2004), and blow a winnable game against either KSU or Baylor, but not both. My guess is we beat Baylor but fall on some bad run defense against the Wildcats.

8-4 was my preseason prediction, with losses to OU, OSU, KSU, and A&M. I'll stick to it. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

6. brint

brint 25+ Posts

3-1

No matter how crappy atm looks during a season or who they lose, they always friggin show up when they play us. I think we're either 3-1 or 2-2 if I had to guess. Praying for 4-0.

7. Zona Horn

Zona Horn 500+ Posts

At the beginning of the season, I believed 8-4 was the likely result, and would be a good rebound after last year. My updated odds are as follows:

7-5 or worse: 5%
    8-4: 20%
    9-3: 50%
    10-2: 25%

Can't comment on the bowl game yet since we don't know the matchup, but right now we should be favored on a neutral field over every team except LSU, OSU, Stanford, Bama, OU, Boise, and Oregon, and a pick em against Wisky, aTm, and Arky.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I think we can go 4-0. Better % of going 3-1. But I feel the %'s are better we go 4-0 than 2-2.

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

My preseason prediction was 8-4. Now I am inclined to say 9-3. And I think 9-3 would be an excellent bounce back, especially considering we are so young in the skill positions and O line.

Like others on this thread, I think ksu and tam will be very tough games. Baylor and Mizzu will be tough too, but I think we find a way to win at least two and maybe three of them. If we win out I would be elated.

10. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

There is no way that God will let us beat A&M this year.

We really should lose to them and probably KSU as well. 2-2 will be a good year, all things considered. Better than 2-2 will be pretty remarkable.

If we beat A&M I will die from having laughed so hard that I puked out my vital organs.

11. Xcalibur

Xcalibur 250+ Posts

Before the season started, I predicted 9 wins (including bowl game). But I'm really starting to believe in this team and I like our chances of going 4-0. Obviously it'll be extremely difficult and we'll have to bring it every week. But it is possible, unlike it was last year.

12. 314

314 250+ Posts

2-2. KSU and A&M will beat us IMO. KSU will get after Ash and A&M at Kyle is a game we struggle to win even when we have our best teams (See 2005 and 2009).

13. slipreerock83

slipreerock83 100+ Posts

You know - If I had only two choices: We go 3-1 - but our one loss being against aggy, OR we go 1-3 - with our one WIN being against aggy - I would take the 1-3.
    Back in August, every aggy I know was so supremely confident about beating us this year that they were just giddy with confidence. They were going to beat us, and pretty much everybody else in the Big 12 -win the Big 12 - perhaps the MNC and sail triumphantly off to the promise land of the SEC. All the while I was quietly following our teams progress through Spring camp and preseason camp - and I was growing more confident about our team - but kept my mouth shut. Now, those mighty texas aggies are listless and reeling -asking for their coach's head on a platter and turning against their Senior QB (which has become an aggy tradition) and we are picking up a full head of steam. Bring 'em on - I wish we could play them this weekend!

14. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

I'm saying sweep.

15. obsessedhorn

obsessedhorn 100+ Posts

I am a little surprised so many are picking the aggies. Teams are on different trajectories right now...4-0 to end the season.

16. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

Slipree,
    I totally understand where you're coming from. It feels different this year seeing as how dirty Aggy was in negotiating in bad faith with schools they've had hundred years relationships with, but still... You can't think like that. That's how aggy thinks. I was reading on Texags how they would rather beat us than win a bowl game - and they haven't won a bowl game in about 30 years.
    I'd take 3-1 easily. Aggy should beat us this year - it's their best team ever and we're trying to climb back up. If they don't, it's just icing on the cake.

17. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

either 2-2 or 3-1. I'm ok with the season either way, lot of progress made & the right kind of progress at that.

I would like to win our bowl game tho, for momentum. Usually I could care less b/c 90% of bowls are worthless. But, for a team with our youth and the need for confidence building I'd like to see us (a) play well and (b) win in our bowl game, wherever we play

18. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

At the beginning of the season, I said 8-4. After the UCLA game, I came on this Board and said 10-2. I am going to stand with 10-2. That includes a 4th Q. come from behind victory over Kan St. Hang on folks, it is going to be a wild ride.

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

No matter what sport, I expect that Horns will end up with a win and a championship. Just how I roll. [​IMG]

20. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

Still thinking 8-4. The key game is Missouri. If we could get 400 rushing yards against them (and win of course), 10-2 would certainly be possible.

21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

22. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

10-2

I think our offense is going to keep improving and looking better week by week, and by the time we reach aggy, we'll have a premier college football offense.

And we kick their *** one last time.

23. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

They're feeling it.
    Undefeated rest of the season.

24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

2-2 - but I hope I eat crow when they go 4-0 or 3-1. This team is clearly growing and getting better each week but I am not confident, today, they will beat the mildcats and aggy. If the Horns pound mizzou this weekend, it may be a good sign that they upset ksu and go on to exceed expectations for many of us. [​IMG]

25. djack

djack 100+ Posts

4-0.

KState has not had a bye week since 9/10. The games prior to us are OU, OSU, and A&M to finish on the road with us. That takes a toll and is huge in our favor. We win.

All games are toss ups right now, but we are rolling better than any of our opponents.

The timing of our bye week was huge. Perfect timing. We are the freshest and will be the most energized of any team left on our schedule.

With Michael out, we have the deepest group of RBs ready to pound. We are deepest at DB. We are the most balanced team offensively and defensively. Tired opponents do not want to face massive ground attacks.

4-0.

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

10-2. This team is growing every week and the new schemes are taking hold.

27. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

29. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

Good stuff from all of you. About what I expected and I hope all of us on here thinking of the sweep are correct. Have a great weekend.

30. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

When young and talented teams turn the corner and believe they can beat anyone, they usually do. I kind of think that's us right now.