HOW IS ERIKA ?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TEX53INTENN, Jan 7, 2008.

1. TEX53INTENN

TEX53INTENN 25+ Posts

We need Erika! Will she return soon or is it a redshirt for her
    this season? Any info is Appreciated.Thanks.

2. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

The Link

Look at this link, on page 6, under "Injury Update" and you will see that the "official" word is that Erika is sidelined, "indefinitely".

3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I wish we had her back, but I would prefer an extra year at 100% than bringing her back before she is ready. Get well as soon as you can EA!!!! [​IMG]

4. hornacopia

hornacopia < 25 Posts

I've also been wondering how Erika's doing. I wish she was healthy & ready to play. I sure hope her knee is healing better now.

5. blackbelthorn

blackbelthorn 250+ Posts

I don't post on this board much and I've looked for threads, but How is Erika coming along?

Is the taking a redshirt (Med)? Is she practicing? Is she training, on campus, in school?

Thanks [​IMG]

6. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

She shoots a lot at practice, and in fact made 45 of 50 3 point shots in a practice a few weeks ago. [​IMG]

She will not be playing this season...it just wasn't worth playing less than half a season and losing the whole year of eligibility...

So, we will have her for TWO MORE YEARS after this year...

Can you say [​IMG] ??

Think about it...new system, not any time to learn it, plus the chance of her basketball career being OVER if she re-injured, ..

Just a no-brainer IMHO, she might as well wait and heal properly.
    Get in the 2 Ashleys.....start fresh, and have an AWESOME 2nd (and 3rd!!) year with Coach G and her stellar staff!!

Not sure why an official "Redshirt" label was never listed, but I'm 99% sure that's what it is...

[​IMG]

7. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

Gail said the other day on Craig Way's show that if we had Erika this year, we would look much "prettier" on offense. I'm excited to see a lot of catch-and-shoot plays being run for her next year. To play her this year would be a waste, I think.

8. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I agree. It is a shame we didn't have her this year but at this late date I am in agreement with getting her for two more years and getting healed properly.

We are looking forward to having you back next year Erika!

[​IMG]

9. Maltese1

Maltese1 < 25 Posts

She has suited up for each game and lately has passed the ball to others in the warm ups. It was stated by one of the coaches that she is not back as for as defense goes - her lateral movement is not back yet. Wait until next year.

10. CamrnCrz1974

CamrnCrz1974 100+ Posts

So what is the plan for next year? Presumably, Erika starts at shooting guard, with Cortijo in the backcourt. Raven will be the small forward, with Lindsey starting as well. Who will the fifth starter be?

11. Maltese1

Maltese1 < 25 Posts

E. Williams will probably start next year.

12. clearbrookhorn

clearbrookhorn 25+ Posts

It's going to be interesting next year. Ashley, Brittainey, and Carla are probably locks to start. They've all improved on offense and they will more than likely be our three best defenders. I expect E-Dub to continue to start also. She's a warrior and Coch G loves what she brings. I'm not sure about the fifth starter. EA's accurate jumpshot combined with her quick release is an exciting thought in this offense, but Kat has brought so much to the table this year. It takes her a little longer to get it off, but she to has an awesome shot. She's also a big body that can board. I look for Rachel to get major minutes next year along with more playing time for Crystal.

13. txex86

txex86 100+ Posts

14. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

I'm not making any predictions for the starting five. I also think Carla, Brittainey, and Ashley Lindsey are locks, and I think the other 2 spots are between Erika, Earnesia, and Ashley Gayle.

Carla-Erika-Brittainey-Earnesia-Ashley gives us the best offensive lineup, I think, with 1-4 having 3-point range, and of course Erika being a serious weapon.

Carla-Brittainey-Earnesia-Ashley-Ashley gives us a looooooooooooong starting 5 that will wreak havoc on defense.

15. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I see Ernie coming in on defense, and Erika on offense in close games, being switched in and out like Coale does with Paris and Vining (sp?)

[​IMG]

16. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

No matter who starts I am sure a lot of players are going to get lots of playing time next year.