How long does this continue?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The Eyes of Texas, Mar 14, 2017.

1. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

McCann its hitting nearly .500, and they keep taking him out of the games he starts to try and break Cantu's slump. Cantu is sub .150 now....at least let McCann finish the games he starts

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Does Cantu need pampering?

3. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

I'm notsure what you mean by that question.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

It appears Pearce is putting Cantu in for defense. Haven't seen any plays McCann has goofed, but maybe he's shown something in practice the coaches don't like?

6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I believe it has more to do with defense and who the pitchers are more comfortable with than hitting. Defense/pitcher preferences trumps hitting at the catcher position.

7. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Joe Fan - I must, with the greatest of respect, disagree. While beating those from Hooterville is always a great win, at any sport, at any time, it never matches beating OU at any sport, at any time. Not a Big 12 thing. It has always been that way. Oklahoma is Oklahoma, and the br-aggies, well they are still just the br-aggies. Start winning (on or off probation) national titles, SEC titles, hell, even SEC West titles, then have them get back to us.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I agree with YDD. We measure ourselves against OU, a$m measures themselves against us.

• Like Like x 1