How many car wrecks?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by BattleshipTexas, Jun 12, 2008.

1. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Been in six. I'm almost 26, so that's almost 11 years of driving. Fortunately none of them have involved injuries.

1. Had my learner's permit and was leaving IAH. My lane ended, so I tried to merge left, but there was a car in that lane. My mirror hit the other car's passenger window and just left a few plastic marks on it. My dad still says that's the best collision anyone could ever have.

2. Parked in front of a convenience store, I start backing out, then the guy next to me starts backing out and hits me. Cracked the side of the reflector.

3. At the Best Buy in Gateway, me and another guy start backing out at the same time. I'm in a Buick Century, he's in an Expedition. My taillight explodes in a million pieces (if you remember the old Buick Century's, the taillight stretches all the way across the back of the car), his bumper has a scratch.

4. Rear ended a guy in Houston. We pull over and his bumper has a dent and some paint scratched off. He shakes my hand, says "Don't worry, it's a rental", gets in the car and drives off.

5. Driving south on N. Lamar around Rundberg. Hear sirens but don't see any lights. As we approach Rundberg, I've got a green light, but this big Chevy pickup just appears in the intersection and stops. I slam on the brakes but we still hit them. He ran his red light because the ambulance was behind him. Dude was probably illegal... Mexican driver's license, no insurance, didn't speak a lick of English, and kept saying "No policia!" when I got out my cell phone. Of course, the ambulance called the police anyway, and he got a couple of citations that he probably never paid the fines for.

6. Driving north on the Research access road between Burnet and Ohlen. Guy in front of me slams on his brakes, and I hit mine just in time to avoid hitting him. But the guy in the Tacoma behind me was talking on his cell phone and plowed right into me, and I got sandwiched. My car was totaled but drivable; the Tacoma was pissing engine fluids all over the road.

2. Mr. Picc

Mr. Picc 25+ Posts

3. dognduckhorn

dognduckhorn 500+ Posts

4. jbroussard

jbroussard Guest

I will officially lay claim to being the king of the weird car wreck. In my 1990 Toyota pickup, I have:

1. Hit a large old time console TV/stereo head on at the feeder road at I-35 and Riverside.
    2. Been rammed in the driver's door by a large dog. Dog was dazed but OK, door was crumpled.
    3. Did a 180 on Lamar near Pease park on a wet oily road and went sliding down Lamar in a slow rotation. At one point, going sideways while people tried to avoid me. They all did and I came to rest in my original lane facing the wrong way. Just when I was feeling good about all those cars missing me, a guy ran into me front to front.
    4. Saving the best for last, I was involved in a 3 car wreck with no one at the wheel of any of the 3 cars.

My insurance man said nobody could make this stuff up.

5. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

6. jbroussard

jbroussard Guest

I was waiting for someone to ask. I was picking up my kid at school and a karate school was there to pick up some kids for karate class in an old school bus. The lady driving the bus was having trouble starting it so she left it in neutral and went in to get the kids. The bus slipped into reverse, backed up through the parking lot, hit my truck and pushed it into the car parked in front of me. I had to call the lady's husband whose car was hit by my truck because he didn't believe her. It was kind of comical because the bus driver ran out of the school to try to stop the bus when it started backing up. Funny until it hit my truck.

7. txfight84

txfight84 100+ Posts

4 (I'm 23)

1- (only one that was my fault) 1 month after getting my license i t-boned an older lady in a mazda mpv mini-van...i was driving a 15 passenger van (i come from a large family...learned to drive in that car)...she spun around twice and the entire side of the car was completely caved in, all windows were gone, all the tires were shredded...my mom's van had about 3,000 worth of damage to it...

The lady driving the mpv was taken to the hospital for neck pain, but it was just the seat belt. She was cool about it though, even called me that night to make sure i was ok...

2- driving to school one morning a car clipped the rear end of my truck...did no damage to my truck, but my metal bumper ripped the front bumper + some off of his car...

3- again driving to school...guy changed lanes right into me...then lied about it to his insurance company...so i got nothing...

4- my 21st birthday...was about 11 am...and it was icy outside (In Arlington). My friend and I went and picked up some beer, and we were heading back to his place (he was driving) and a car ahead of us stopped to make a left turn. The very instant my friend hit the brakes, we crossed over this little nothing bridge that was iced over...we rear-ended the guy...