How many in 2016 Class?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by HornSwoggler, Jan 30, 2016.

1. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Let the guessing begin. I count 12 departing seniors plus Ridgeway and Raulerson for 14 known available scholarships. I assume D Santos, S Evans and N Jordan return for their final years. I think B Cottrell recently indicated he will return after it was thought he might transfer.

Currently, there are 15 verbals with one being as a walk-on (K Max Allan). And there is an expectation for maybe a half-dozen more waiting to join the class on NSD. Determining how that will be accomplished requires access to a Cray computer and an active imagination.

So, how many more do you think will be added to this class?

My WAG (wild *** guess) is 20!

EDIT:
    Make that 23!
    Just remembered the guys from 2015 that did not make it in which maybe opens up 3 more that may be assigned to previous classes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

3. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I'll guess as many as those who accept offers up to 29.
    25 + 4 early enrollees.
    But what do I know?

4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I think we can go up to even 29, but then we will need about 6 or 7 guys to leave the program by summer (or be off-scholarship) in that case. Some 3 to 5 guys are always candidates for attrition at that time for various reasons normally though, so going up to 25 or 26 is probably okay. I think we will get something like 8 to 11 more to add to the 15 we have. I would be surprised if we go above 26 in the end. But I guess if it is a Jones or a Fowler or a Hudson committing in the end to push us above 25-26, I don't think our coaches will say no to it.

5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I been saying 24-25

(But the way its going, 27 seems possible)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I've been saying 25-26.

(But the way it's going, Joe is right)

8. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Dang neer errbody, this "covers all the bases" quite well, without an exact figure, so you can't be wrong.

I know I used a baseball term, but it's almost that time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Play Ball! BB will be my main interest after NSD. :hookem::bevo::hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

20-23 my conservative guess....you never know with 17-18 year olds.

11. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

My guess is 26. I believe we have 13 more who are announcing tomorrow. I think we get10 of the 13 for a total of 26.

• Like Like x 1
  12. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hope you are correct. I'm not that optimistic. I think we get 6-8 of the 13. Which will make me happy. That will be a very good day. 22 to 23 signees.

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Even though I believe we get 20-23, I'm greedy...I want errrybody!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

22 (6 more) gives us a top 12 class and the top rated class in the B12. Anything above that will be gravy. Very fine and welcome gravy. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1