How often do you wear your wedding band?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by ctrl+alt+del, Mar 15, 2008.

1. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

accurate, Do you wear your ring while working on cars? I have a buddy who ended up with a 'degloved finger' when his ring was caught while working on a combine. That ain't pretty and it made for a damn long ride from the wheat field to the hospital.

I rarely take my ring off, but when I"m working outside I almost always wear gloves. My dad and my grandfather always made me wear gloves when we wear doing any work. That habit just always stuck with me. That, and the brilliance of WD40, bailing wire, duct tape and Vise grips.

2. acworthhorn

acworthhorn 25+ Posts

It felt weird to wear a ring at first, but it felt weird to be married too. Eventually I got used to both. I lost my ring in Santa Fe on my Honeymoon because I removed it to wash my hands. Fortunately, the front desk had it later that evening. I lost it again because I removed it in Hot Springs one night to play drunk basketball. It turned up 2 years later when my buddy's wife was doing yard work and found it. I have been married for 20 years and don't take it off anymore. It's just a gold band, so it doesn't weigh much and I hardly notice it being on my finger anymore.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I do wear it while working on cars, but I don't do that much work on the cars myself anymore. It is a very plain band, and I have become fairly cautious over the years due to various painful lessons. It's mainly an issue of getting it dirty rather than causing injury, but still advise removing jewelry and your hair prior to working on machinery.

4. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

I wear my wedding band all the time and my watch most of the time. I usually only take my ring off to shower or if I know that I will get my hands grimey.

5. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Mr Bevotte and I wear ours all the time, almost 23 yrs. OMG ! I have taken mine off a few times to throw at him for being UGLY to me ! and longest I kept them off was 1 week.

6. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

I wear mine all the time. I don't take it off.

However, we are coming up on our 8th anniversary and I've put on a few pounds, so I had it re-sized.

Now I've lost nearly 25 pounds this Lent, and now it falls off.

I threw a free throw yesterday and my ring went flying.

I might have to call James Avery to send me a new one that's for a more streamlined husband.

Or maybe I'll just pork up again starting this Sunday.

7. tallgrant

tallgrant 250+ Posts

On my finger 99.9% of the time. If I'm working on something with tight clearances (auto work would probably apply) it comes off, but as I'm a desk jockey it's almost always on my finger.

Weird the first few days, now I don't even notice it.

8. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

9. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

I wear mine all the time. We've been married 7 years

I have, however, lost it in the past

My original ring was always a little loose. I then proceed to lose 15lbs and got back in shape and the ring just got even more loose. My wife asked me 100 times to just go get it re-sized but I never did. It literally just came off one day never to be seen again. Suffice it to say, the new one was tighter.

About 6 months ago I jammed the **** out of my finger playing basketball. It took me 20 minutes to get the ring off. Once I did there was no getting it back on until the swelling went down. It took over a month before I could get it back on. During that month I ****** a lot of chicks.

10. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Have not taken mine off in 26 years, except when working in close quarters with operating machinery, which nowadays is never.

11. LongLiveBevo

LongLiveBevo 250+ Posts

I wear my band all the time. It's a plain gold band and is a little tight. Correction: I do take it off about once a month to clean it and let my finger breathe. I wear my engagement ring if I'm "dressed". If I'm out of the house and not wearing jeans/T-shirt/baseball cap type clothes, I've got both rings on.

Mr. LLB's ring is the same as his wallet, watch, and class ring - if he's out of the house, it's all on him. (Mowing the yard doesn't count as out of the house.) He was used to wearing his class ring so it didn't take much for him to get used to his wedding band. He just moved his class ring to the other hand.

12. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

I was married 30 years, and didn't own a wedding ring. Didn't impact a successful marriage. I don't wear jewelry, period.