How to train your m'f'n dragon!

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by LAktownhorn, Apr 5, 2010.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

this is an awesome movie. i really don't like animated movies generally, but this i think is one of the best.

i'm an adult and don't have any kids.

2. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

So what you are telling us that you are a child molester?

3. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

4. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

A pretty good animated movie, but I was disappointed at the extent to which the movie dumbed down the books, of which there are now 5 or 6. In the books, Hiccup was even more outcast and physically inept, and the tribe of Vikings had a coming of age ritual of going to the dragon's nesting area and taking a baby dragon to train, with Hiccup accidentally grabbing the least fierce dragon possible, but one with a lot of sarcastic intelligence.

5. UTViking

UTViking 250+ Posts

I watched it yesterday in Imax 3D w/ Mrs. Viking. We both enjoyed it, but felt kind of odd at the condition of Hiccup at the end. To be fair, I thought it fit the story, but that the story wasn't quite as kid appropriate as a result.

6. UTDude

UTDude 100+ Posts

I saw it in I-Max 3-D, and I thought it was excellent.

7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Just watched it on IMAX and 3D - that was really spectacular. Never read or knew anything about the books, so I can't say anything one way or the other, but it was definitely one of the best movie experiences I've had.