HS Playoffs

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Longhorn Al, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

The Road to the Drum has begun!

I make it a point to go to at least a couple of games during the Girls Tournament every year. This year, I hope to be going to a lot of playoff games too.

As I've mentioned before, my sister coaches at McKinney Boyd HS. This is their 2nd year and they finished 2nd in their district. They won their first playoff game last night 61-45 over Richardson Pearce. They move on to play Nacogdoches now. I'm going to be there.

Check out the website to see a little more about the team.
    Lady Broncos Website

2. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Boyd vs. Nacogdoches
    7:30pm Friday
    Fairfield HS

What games are y'all going to try and make?

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

FWIW, Pam Lee, who played for Texas as Pam Miller before transferring to Centenary and becoming their all-time leading scorer, is coaching the Austin Royals Home School team, and Tracy Cook is with Regents School of Austin - she was the head coach last year and this year I think she and her fiance are both coaching....

They also both have Texas Exes coaching their boys varsity teams as well (Terrence Rencher for Regents, Roderick Anderson for the Austin Royals).

4. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

THESA is the team to beat in the home school ranks. Reigning national champs and they're good again this year. Boyd was in a tournament with them, so I got to see them play. They are very very good. They lost to Marble Falls (#2 at the time) by a bucket or so.

5. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

Prepare to console your sister cause Nac is going to bring it!! [​IMG]

6. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

I bet they do. But Boyd has already played the best team in the state twice. Frisco is in their district.

7. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

Good luck to your sister. She seems to be doing a wonderful job with a young program!

8. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Boyd - 58
    Nac - 54

They had no answer for Boyd's 6'2 freshman Kiana Evans, who had 22 points.

Next up: West Mesquite

9. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

fantastic game for Boyd..second year in a row we have been ousted by that district..

10. rotahorn

rotahorn < 25 Posts

Tomorrow I will be in Kingsville to watch Llano vs West Oso. Both teams are in the top 3 in state. They met there last year with Llano winning. Hoping for the same results this year. Anyone else taking in a game?