HS Playoffs

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by horntooter, Feb 22, 2009.

1. txex86

txex86 100+ Posts

In the Dallas area, the 5A game appears to have been moved to an 11:00 tape delayed airing because of the Mavericks game.

2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Cokie and her Midway team up by 11 at the half!

3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Midway wins the 4A state championship, 50-27. Congrats to Cokie and the Midway team.

4. tott10

tott10 500+ Posts

congrats to Cokie and Waco Midway! Cokie led the way with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Mulkey's daughter also added 8 points and 7 rebounds.

not a great showing for Timberview. they shot 17.5% from the field (11-63). ouch.

5. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Midway wins 50-27

Glad to see Cokie have such a wonderful end to her high school career.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. tott10

tott10 500+ Posts

the Midway game started about 30 minutes late. but according to the Waco Tribune, Mulkey stayed for the whole game . i'm sure she's booking it back to Waco as we speak for Baylor's game against A&M.

now, i give Mulkey a hard time on occasion for her crazy choice in outfits and her sideline freak-outs...but i thought it was pretty cool that she watched the entire game, even if it was cutting it close. very exciting moment for their family. now her daughter can add the HS state championship to her resume, though she's still a little behind her mom's 4 state championships and 3 national championships.

The Link

5:28 p.m. — For the record, Mulkey stayed for the whole game. It looks like she wants to give Makenzie a hug before hurrying off to the Ferrell Center.

7. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

WOW! Many props to Mulkey for that one.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like a great game for Cokie and kudos to Mulkey for staying for such an important event for her daughter.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

the 5A championship game will be on FSN at 8:30 tonight.

10. burlyhorn

burlyhorn 25+ Posts

A friend of mine who has watched Timberview said he and others were stunned at the poor shooting and hesitation to shoot by the Wolves. They had played great defense and strong offense most of the season. They were a really strong group this year but waited until the wrong time to play poorly. He said Midway came to play and deserved it.

11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I saw Timberview play thurs. night, and i thought they'd give Midway a good game also. But, Midway had the better team overall, even if Timberview had played well. They had to have been a great team to even get that far!!

12. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Are you all getting the game on Time Warner???

13. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

yes, channel 54 or 430

14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

directv has been pretty good to me so far this season.....till now!! [​IMG]

15. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

So sorry, Summit is ahead of Nimitz 10-9. Griner is going to be hard to shoot over and around. WHEW! not looking forward to 4 years of her!

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

our posts are going to have to put a body on her and allow the others to be able to take that short jumper or layup depending where Griner is.

17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

what's the score, and time???

18. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

15-14, Mansfield at the half. The Nimitz guards are killing me. Nimitz had 4 or 5 straight possessions down the court where they didn't even look to Griner. All they have to do is throw the ball way up in the air and only Griner will get it. Looks like the other players are forgetting to dance with the one that brung them.

19. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

The Nimitz guards are doing their best to try and lose this game. Jeez, how hard can it be to throw it in to Griner?

20. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Jusme, have you tried channel 677 on DTV? I am getting the game but maybe because I am not in the Mavericks' market.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I kept checking that channel till about 9:15....with nothing, but now it just may be on. yeah, maybe i have it now!!

thanks for posting that...i probably would've just given up!!

23. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

This Nimitz coach cannot be very bright. Why does she allow Griner to go 20 feet from the basket to guard her player? Make the girl prove that she can hit a shot before you send Griner out to guard her.

24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Summit has done a very good job of pulling Griner up in the box and slashing in behind her before she can recover.

Summit just seems to be too quick for Nimitz.

25. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Does Nimitz even run plays? They have no movement in their offense. I haven't seen them set any screens and they should have a high/low game to get the ball in the middle of the floor.

26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think that's twice that Summit's Crawford hit a shot to beat the end of the period buzzer. Nimitz needs to get the ball inside to Griner if they want to win this game.

27. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

How did Nimitz beat Dulles with Griner on the bench for almost half the game? I have to say that after watching the rest of the team play that I am stunned that Dulles was not able to beat them with Griner on the bench for so much of the game.

28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

35-24 Summit with 6:40 to go.

29. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I haven't even seen much of this game, but Summit has a great defensive strategy working.

30. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Once again, why is the Nimitz coach allowing Griner to be so far from the basket on defense. She is asking Griner to go out and guard 20 feet from the basket? Plant her under the basket so that Summit doesn't get those drives to the basket.