Hubele to Retire

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by VirginiaLonghorn, Feb 17, 2008.

1. VirginiaLonghorn

VirginiaLonghorn 25+ Posts

Ryan told the Orioles he's retiring to pursue other interests. He split last season between AA and AAA hitting under .230.

2. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

Good luck to him. He had a pretty good season in 06 if I remember correctly, just couldn't carry it over to AAA as consistently as AA. I'm really hoping that D Majewski has a breakout season this year or else he may be in the same boat as Hubele. [​IMG]

3. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Too bad, I was really hoping he would make it to the bigs. Best of luck to Ryan in the future.

4. VirginiaLonghorn

VirginiaLonghorn 25+ Posts

... O's drafted Matt Wieters, switchhitting "can't miss" catcher from Georgia Tech in the first round last year. The message was loud and clear to every catcher in the organization.

5. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Good luck Ryan....

6. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Best wishes to a valuable Horn contributor. [​IMG]

7. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Heres' the link:

Ryan Hubele Retires

He was my favorite player while he was with Texas. What a great college career he had in Austin. And he had some clutch post-season games during his three years with the Longhorns. I'll never forget that throw from Omar to Ryan to nail Sinisi in Omaha. Best of all, he's a first class human being.

Last I heard from his mom, he was pursuing a job in real estate development with a former major league player in his home town of Paradise Valley, AZ, a suburb of Phoenix.

Good luck to Ryan.