Hunt for Red October

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TigerPride, Apr 11, 2011.

1. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

"This business will get out of control! It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

Love Fred Thompson

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

my fav of his is..."The Russians don't take a dump without a plan...."

3. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

You forgot "son" General. I only bring it up because it makes the line even better. [​IMG]

"Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

4. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

That was a truly outstanding movie. I have always enjoyed Thompson. Would enjoy him more if he would keep his mouth shut in the political arena.

So many quotes from Connery, Neil, Thompson, James Earl Jones, Jonesy, Glenn, etc. that you can't even list them all.

"You've lost ANOTHER submarine?"

5. 2feathers

2feathers 250+ Posts

I always liked,

"You arrogant ***. You've killed us!"

6. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

"Come on Big D...fly!"
    [​IMG]

7. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

One ping only [must be spoken with a Scottish burr].

8. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

9. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on playmate of the month.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I really need to see this one again. It's been like a decade. Granted, I watch fewer movies than probably 95% of people my age, but still, what's wrong with me?

11. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

I will live in Montana with a nice round American woman and raise rabbits.......

12. TRRW#31

TRRW#31 250+ Posts

Captain Ramius: You're afraid of our fleet. Well, you should be. Personally, I'd give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?

Capt. Bart Mancuso: The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch.

Kamarov: Stop pissing, Yuri. Give me a stopwatch and a map, and I'll fly the Alps in a plane with no windows.
    Yuri (Diving Officer): If the map is accurate enough.

Growing up during the Cold War it's probably wrong for me to say this but I love the scene on the bridge of the Red October and they sing Soviet national anthem.

13. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

Hmm, sounds interesting. Guess I'll have to check it out.

[​IMG]