I am Mad at Brown All Over

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by JohnnyBravo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

After watching a basically very poor OU team get beat again, I am reminded just how bad we played against OU.

Pathetic.

Ready for change....

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Agreed...

I don't care about excuses... Mr. February BLEW it by not bringing Manziel in....

For those who can't think straight it's the same story; since we won the NC back in 2005, Mack has been paid over $35 million. We have lost our bearings and he is just a fuddy-duddy old man who can charm someone's Mom but there is no buzz about the program. None whatsover.

3. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

But, but, but.. We have a sophomore qb - we are a young team [​IMG] take comfort knowing your seats will get scooped up by the zombies

You'll know who they are - they'll be looking down their nose at you as they profess their love for #the clapper# Mack #the clapper#

4. Zona Horn

Zona Horn 500+ Posts

The sad thing is, I'm sorta glad Manziel did not go to Texas. We apparently would have tried to make him a safety, which is a total waste of his talent. Could he cover and hit? Maybe. Maybe he would have even been good.

But he is a savant at QB. He has incredible awareness in the pocket, runs like Gayle Sayers, throws like (fellow heisman winner) Flutie, and competes like Tebow. He finds narrow running seems and escapes tackles better than anyone I have seen, and that includes VY and Vick. He made OU's defensive players look slow and clumsy all night.

Maybe Texas would have figured out to try him at Qb, but best guess is he would have had a marginal career as a safety or slot receiver.

5. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

f**k you very much, Mack.

Safety my ***. Again.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, had he come to Texas, he would be learning the 'look ma no arms' tackle technique, while languishing down the DB depth chart.

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well Sumlin didn't even decide to start Johnny Football until this fall. So far as I know only God and Jimmy Johnson are omnicient regarding football player evaluation.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I just had a horrifying revelation; Mack thinks he's Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden and thinks he can coach for 10 to 15 more years here... he thinks he's earned it....

9. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

He wants to coach long enough to break Darrell's win record. I think he needs 9 more wins. That may take a few years. [​IMG]

I seriously had a hard time watching him during the Alamo Bowl. He just looks inept.

10. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

The OP is not a true friend

11. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Wait till next year.

12. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

the way to beat OU is to use a mobile QB effectively and to throw deep as the like to play up in the box.

on defense simply play base and do not allow OU to beat you with screens and draws.

13. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I'm disgusted that I even opened this thread and felt the need to retort... [​IMG]