I can tell you this! Old school!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Jan 23, 2021.

1. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Sarks offense is gonna be LEGIT! Many of us remember that Washington squad!

It’s understandable that our defense on the back end will be GREAT! But out our front 4-7 has been Terrible! Just saying!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sounds and reads like a very highly alcohol-fueled post. Friday night and all that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Hey, not all alcoholics drink on Friday nights....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He’s not wrong.

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Not sure if this is what he's referring to, but I don't want an old school team.

6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Ossai was a breath of fresh air. Otherwise, our pass rush has been rather pedestrian for a long time.

Some of our younger players have promise—Collins, Broughton, Dorbah, others. We need scheme and coaching for them to shine.

7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While the LBs have been thin, the D-line made strides last year. With players like Coburn & Collins coming back, it’s difficult not to be very optimistic. I believe that both will play in the League once they leave Texas.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I want "Old School" back.

Tackling, not trying to "blow em up" to get on ESPN. Head up, wrap up, put em on their back

Doing your assignment and trusting the guy next to you to do his.

DBs - inside shoulder; Don't let them run the quick slant - it's harder to throw over you than under you.

Face - DBs in the face of WRs not 12 yards off. If you want to play chase or tag, go to the damn playground.

DISGUISE - don't telegraph the blitz or put on the jumbortron "safety is coming"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Amen Saber...........put your face in the numbers, wrap em' up and put them on the ground!

• Like Like x 2
  10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and if you think you can intercept be sure there is a guy in the same color jersey behind you. He is the guy that has to make the tackle when you discover you screwed the pouch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Great! Until your helmet slides up the chest and the top of your helmet contacts the other guy's facemask and you get flagged for targeting.

12. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Here is what Kwiatkowski's defense brings to challenge spread offenses:

A little more sophisticated than what I have seen at Texas. I am no football expert, though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

My memory, and it is having to go back a while, is that was called a "pancake block". Like speed, it was the cure to all evils.

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 1
  14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Wait, is there something wrong with that? :idk:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

What would Nobis do!?

Yeah, form tackle but try to avoid your helmet going fully into the others guys face mask / helmet crown....

• Like Like x 1
  16. everette

everette 250+ Posts

How does one screw the pouch?

Never mind, I don't want to know!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

See also "hump the puppy" or anything Bowelsby has done since becoming commissioner.

18. everette

everette 250+ Posts

POOCH

19. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

:beertoast:

20. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Pork the pooch as the first astronauts would say.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I love old school anything....
    And I'd put emphasis there first...but these things don't have to be mutually exclusive. The teams that will win the lion's share of trophies these days will combine both old and new school. You just witnessed it at Bama this year and it is the way....
    I do believe that is what Sark will attempt to cultivate here and sure hope he succeeds as it will be the best form of football being offered up at this juncture in time IMHO.

• Like Like x 1