I don't need Texags for entertainment any more

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mrsunshine, Jul 12, 2020.

1. mrsunshine

mrsunshine < 25 Posts

...plenty of old white guys saying stupid sh** right here. Some of these recent threads have gone full aggie.

I mean how DARE black athletes question the presence of statues and buildings that honor men who saw them as less-than-human. The scholarship should keep their mouths shut about that and the other daily indignities right? Soo aggie.

And how DARE those athletes use the huge leverage that we've happily granted them to threaten our sports entertainment over something as stupid as racial injustice....soo soooo aggie.

Maybe we can start issuing Ag Tags and complaining about t-shirt fans and tu and the BOMC. Just a small step really.

• poop x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • WTF? x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Hot x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Straw man argument. Most complaints are about the following: 1) bad faith negotiating by the players, 2) players being manipulated by outsiders who don’t have the players interest at heart.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

whoa there sunshine - don't think anyone is overly upset about the statue concern, although there are some who raise eyebrow at something so old, no one is claiming that is the real issue. There is some questioning the racism aspect on campus and so on, but, I am not currently a student so cannot really say. In fact I am one of the old white guys that never considered myself racist - honest.
    I do get upset about the donation part and the 'eyes' claim. But as I said, I'm just an old white guy.

4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Not an old guy here. Actually, everyone got up and arms about the idiotic and poorly reasoned demand regarding the Eyes of Texas. People also got pissed that scholarship athletes, most of whom are not academically qualified to be at UT, claim they do not get support and refuse to uphold their end of their scholarship when ten of thousands of students have to fight to get in the top 8% then go into severe student debt to get a degree, generally to do something far more useful to society than playing sports.

@mrsunshine you want to talk about whatever "racial injustice" these free tuition, free housing, free food, free everything athletes are suffering, and I am more than happy to talk to about what the average student goes through with the unreasonable cost of attendance to support administrative waste.

Does anyone else find all these "new" posters suspicious?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

OP deflecting criticism of Aggie and Texags. This site is pretty reasonable. Generally the claim against the Eyes is contrived and really hard to conceive of a reason to push this narrative if you care about UT.

The statue at the fore front is Sully. Sully is not Longhorn business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Username registered October 12 2008 this is his 4th post. Nah, nothing suspicious about that. Grow a pair and post under your primary name.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. LonghornDave

8. mrsunshine

mrsunshine < 25 Posts

• poop poop x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

HEY HEY HEY

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

You read my mind... trolling?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No, just another selfish, myopic, spoiled loser.

12. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

"On the field"?? Looks like west mall material to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I am a old white guy who refuses to be held up by extortionists. i saw this same type of selfishness in the 60s when I was in the Marine Corp. The same people who were trying to bring down this Country are in politics now,( Hillary and Kerry) as examples.I did not like them then nor now. I am proud to be an old white guy. This old white guys money will not go to this school anymore if it gives in to these crybabys. You seem to be hung up on color.Who cares what color they are if they try to hold us up. you must spend a lot of time on TexAgs. Maybe you should go back there.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Semper Fi 1981
    I happened on to a USMC football game in Pendleton. Geez, talk about football in it’s purest form.
    No taunting, hard hitting, respect from both teams. Looked like a MASH clinic on the sidelines

• Like Like x 2
  15. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Semper Fi 66-69

• Like Like x 2
  16. LonghornDave

I think you don't understand the definition of ironic but "no".

"If something is ironic it's unexpected, often in an amusing way. If you're the world chess champion, it would be pretty ironic if you lost a match to someone who just learned to play yesterday. Ironic is the adjective for the noun irony. In contemporary speech, when we call something ironic, we often mean sarcastic."

No conspiracy, just no person, even the smart folks at Hornfans can be as Aggie as Aggie. No sarcasm, not unexpected, no loss to a team that has won a football, basketball or baseball championship in 70 years. The Houston Chronicle, an Aggie rag has doused Aggie with two front page articles on Aggie racism in three days. Just true (not ironic). My guess is that the Chron has been overwhelmed by angry emails and maybe a burning cross or two.

And meanwhile, BLM wants to go to Huntsville and is met w resistance, not, well, irony.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Can you please name these outsiders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Professors and administrators at the University of Texas. They are the ones who come up with stupid, unproductive, divisive things like being mad at the Eyes of Texas. Additionally, when I was in college less than 10 years ago, numerous faculty and administrators made it quite clear they wanted to see college athletics cease to exist. They have found a way to split the players and fans (taking advantage of unwitting 18-22 year olds who do not realize they are acting against their own self-interest) to severely hurt college athletics.

I have preached for years how much a good chunk of the faculty and administration loathes the UT students, alumni and fans (they loath Texans in general), but unfortunately no one really listens and our state government is bought off through admissions favors. Unless people see it for their own eyes (and most will not), they will not understand... which is true for most things in life.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Old white guys have been the target of legal discrimination and hate speech for some time. It is open season on them year round. Old white guys need to freeze inheritance targeted for their little liberal snowflake children and defund the cesspools of liberalism called a college campus. Let the professors, the administrators and the snowflakes figure out how to keep the doors open. After all, those old white guys have been figuring out how to make sh-t work for all of THEIR lives.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

So, you are saying you don't really know of any specific persons but you have a wide reaching speculation and opinion.

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I had a friend who was a tenured professor. She loved sports but told me she was in a very tiny minority. Most of the other professors hated most sports but especially football.There were frequent discussions on trying to find ways to minimize the sports.
    Of course nothing ever happened but according to my friend the bitching was heated.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I know quite a few old white guys who have built companies and employed people and created things of value while their critics haven't created jack ****. Funny how the critics ***** about capitalism on their iphones while enjoying 2 day delivery from Amazon

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Once again, a double standard of hypocrisy exists when it is seemingly okay to refer to anyone who disagrees with the players demands as old white guys. Sounds racist to me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Glad we could help you out, Mr. <25 Posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I wonder if they will find their way over to the link to donate...oh wait, Taps won't ever do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye....(Steam - 1969)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  28. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I got a nice letter yesterday from the University wanting to help me restructure my estate planning to help the University. I know they had me at heart. Could be they were just wanted me to help the unfortunate folks who want to tear down my university. Need less to say, it went into the trash. That is the only time they need old white people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The higher “education” institution as we’ve known it is dying. Maybe the hedge fund arm will survive in some form before the idiot politicians get hold of it.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Even tho UT has announced fall classes on campus, each college can decide for themselves. My UT student is going to have all his fall classes online. I seriously doubt we will be getting any kind of break on tuition.

If my 2 boys weren't already halfway or more thru their college careers (one at UT, one a TTU) I would be sending them to an online university that charges tuition commensurately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1