'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

So the argument is pick the worst combustion engine and pretend that's the choice? Hyrid over a 350? What kind of an argument is that? It's disingenuous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Then compare the hybrid with the v6 buick that I used to drive. I loved it. It got 22 mpg.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Recently listened to “unobtanium” from PragerU. Kinda condescending (probably wrong discription) but interesting report on fallacy of wind and solar being considered legitimate replacement energy sources for petroleum. Fools gold.

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Prager is condescending to me as well.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah I’m sure the facts are accurate but the speaker gave me the impression on numerous occasions he was talking to 6th graders. Not that that isn’t appropriate for me but still.,,,

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Btw, sorry you’ve still got symptoms but guess that’s not a bad one to have if you’re going to have any. I would tell you to take HCQ but don’t want a poop emoji, even if you cannot smell it. :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I tested positive on 10/11. I felt weak for a few days after the meds wore off. I didn’t figure out the smell thing until last week.

9. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Meanwhile in oklahoma..........
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Nice warm balmy 15 deg at my house this morning. Good to know these scientists know what they're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

My cows just wont listen. They just keep making gas and messing up the climate. It is 17 degrees out there and it wasnt for them it would be 16. Maybe Biden can help me,he knows about manure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I don't know the comparison. The construction, life of the vehicle, batteries etc versus an average car would be the analysis. Of course it looks better as compared to a Hummer... "That's what she said."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

For many places in this country:

Electric car = Mostly a coal powered car

14. 4th_floor

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Does the coal power required to run a hybrid daily contribute less bad things to the environment than a typical gasoline powered vehicle? I thought you guys were experts?

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Coal is generally much more pollutive than gas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Define "bad things". I believe it is settled science that man made climate change is a joke.

18. 4th_floor

It really depends on the design of the coal plant. An old lignite coal plant without the latest scrubbers/ESPs/etc would have more pollutants/kw than a gasoline vehicle. Not many old plants left. A lot of the lignite plants are closed. A newer plant using low S coal with ESPs and other pollution control would likely have lower pollutant/kw.
    Before you tell me I'm full of ou, consider that a power plant is producing power from the coal to provide power to thousands of customers. The automobile is only producing enough power to move a single car. The power plant is producing electricity much more efficiently than the car.
    Even though most hybrids get the majority of their power from a small gasoline engine, the hybrid would produce less pollutants than a non-hybrid.
    But Bubba, before you scoot away in your Prius with a high and mighty attitude, consider all of the rare earth metals needed to manufacture your car. How much pollution was released by the Chinese REM supplier and did they use slave labor to produce it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

4th
    I notice when you explain with facts Bubba has no response.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ketchup Boy has moved Al Gore's goalposts to 2030
    And he will not give up private jets until the very end

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sorry Leonard but if ice ages came and went with "clockwork regularity" there would be planning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Plus or minus every 100k years. Depends on your definition of clock, as in hours, months, years, decades, millennia, etc.

25. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

One thing never fails, every popular lie always has a celebrity (or celebrities) pushing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

When I was in about the 8th grade which would have been about 37 years ago or 1984ish I went to Daytona Beach after hearing from teachers tell me how the coast lines would be under water soon so we better enjoy them. I loved playing beach volley ball and remembered looking at the beach from my balcony thinking how sad it would be on my next trip in a couple years not having a beach. Well guess what, that beach is pretty much exactly the same 37 years later, but they've been spreading these lies for the last 60+ years or even more?

People who fall for this crap makes me laugh. People who continue to spew this crap makes me mad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

Agree 100% Vol Horn

29. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

I remember in the late 80's / early 90's reading that the Amazon Rain Forest (Lungs of the planet) would be gone by 2000.

I believe in responsible stewardship but don't lie to me or try to scare people. Create enough lies and distortions and no one with any sense will believe you. THAT will undermine your message. Hello AOC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2