'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/from-bur...change-will-affect-what-we-eat-090033683.html

They are predicting doom in the years 2081 - 2100. So those who wrote the article will all be dead by then so they escape accountability and all those who nod in agreement that this prediction is fact will continue to push for wealth redistribution.

A baby born today will be 60 to 80 by then.

They mentioned it's peer reviewed. That means the echo heard itself over and over and over...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

China's population is expected to fall from the current 1.4 billion to roughly 730MM by the end of the 21st century, according to projections by an international team of scientists published last year in the Lancet, the UK's premier medical journal.

A person born last year will see China’s population drop in half in their lifetime. Remember when the population bomb was the major issue?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They also use the high range of possibilities for their doom and gloom, as if society never changes. This is ridiculous on its face. Is our economy today the same as it was in the 1950’s?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Numerous other studies have looked at how climate change will affect individual crops or growing areas, and some have concluded that global warming is already wreaking havoc on food production. Others make the case that dietary changes are imperative to prevent temperatures from rising even further.

Huge lie. Crop production is at record levels and clearly on a 20 year upswing on data I’ve seen, such as cocoa production.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Main thrust of article is that GW causes droughts. I have not seen any evidence of this. Seems like it’s similar to the prior claims that GW causes wildfires and earthquakes.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Doesn’t matter the weather issue, drought, wet, storm, whatever it is GW’s fault.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Minnesota is suing an oil company for heavy rains that destroyed some crops. I guess it never rained heavy in Minnesota before. It's really ridiculous.

Remember big government needs a crisis to get you to agree to giving up freedom, whether a climate crisis or a covid crisis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

As satellite technology has gotten better, we've noticed the formation of smaller storms out in the oceans that would not have been ID'ed before - that's what's driving the early start to the hurricanes season, not a huge grown in the numbers.

Hurricanes are part of the weather patterns of the tropics. They drop a certain percentage of those area's annual rainfall. Florida often has drought conditions if it doesn't have hurricanes coming ashore. They are not some evil force that's created from using oil and gas.

The rest of that article was rubbish - any weather related event, even when it got cold in Texas, was blamed on Global Warmish. If it's hot, cold, wet, or dry, blame Global Warmish.

11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Never heard of John Coleman. He's a gangster.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Liberals lie to gain power:

14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Gangster? He was a fake meteorologist who got his start in weather by doing cut-ins to a college sockhop show on the radio. He got axed from TWC in it's startup year because of his politics and #MeToo stuff.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

And yet he was more correct than the Cathedral. Gangster.

16. 4th_floor

Democrats only list to qualified scientists, such as Al Gore and Greta Whatshername.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 4th_floor

What's even more important is that the raw materials and intermediates for the overwhelming majority of world wide manufacturing comes from crude oil refining. While there are substitutes for all of these materials, they aren't yet available in large quantities. Covid shortages would be a joke compared to the shortages we would experience with a large scale reduction in oil production and refining.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Very good article by Shellenberger.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

@Mr. Deez I know you moved to UK and has been visiting the States this summer but whatever happen to the heat waves across Europe due to global warming? Paris highs are 72 F for the next 10 days. Paris gets 3-4 days of hot weather 2 years ago and it’s “global warming is going to kill us all” in the media. What a ducking joke

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. Just two days ago when I was getting baked by 98-degree heat in Addison I looked up the temperatures back home - highs in the upper 60s and low 70s for the next 7 days. From what I can tell, Europe generally has pleasant weather during the summer but has heat surges that push the temperature into the 90s for a few days and then it drops back down. (However, in either '13 or '14, the heat surge stayed for quite awhile, and of course the alarmists had a friggin field day.)

What bugs me is that when Europe gets a heat surge, all the alarmists scream about "climate change." When they get very cold weather and someone asks, "hey, what happened to climate change," you get the pretentious, douchie retort, "weather isn't the same as climate." That whole distinction only matters if it's cold.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I was trying to understand the mind set behind this. Either it is cynical pursuit of power, or it is based on certain faith of climate change crisis theory. If a person is certain the world is warming to a critical degree, then it kind of makes sense. Hot days in that case would be evidence of the bigger trend of warming. Cold days would be anomalies or statistical outliers that don't follow the warming trend.

But it presupposes the crisis as true and interprets all data points through that lens. Of course that is not how science is supposed to work. You are supposed to continue to evaluate presuppositions.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We're way past the point of caring how science is supposed to work. If it's a political issue, actual scientific analysis is largely out the window. That's obviously not true of every scientist or even most scientists, but I do think it's true of the scientists that the government and media tend to listen to.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Good thoughts. Two more from me. First, the scientists that the government listens to are actually paid by the government to do research. They have to write up abstracts in order to get government funding, so government officials get to choose what kind of conclusions the researchers are aiming at up front.

Second, we all have to interpret data through a lens of some sort. We use logic, political philosophy, economic philosophy and previous proven scientific hypotheses to form those lenses. Therefore I understand where they are coming from to a point. I just totally disagreement with their inability to apply logic and new data to their presuppositions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. 4th_floor

26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

28. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

61 years as a meteorologist is dedication to faking it.
    John Coleman (meteorologist) - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yep.