'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Its so funny how Obama forced us to sacrifice some our food chain and pay almost $5 for gas with corn juice and Trump was able to get it back below $2 now poopy pants has us paying back up to $5....for gas with corn juice. I was disappointed Trump didn't get rid of the ethanol requirement. It's worthless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I figure the best way to push it to the lefties will be to say 'do away with the ethanol requirement and drop ship the corn to the Ukrainians that have no crops.' They get their feel-good points and we get decent gasoline...

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Was putting ethanol free in my car till the 92 octane at Buccee’s went to over $6.00, that’s too steep for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Another hoax exposed:

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

They should be plowed over. Esp, the dude standing in front of truck. Who the F are these pos?
    For a Darwin life go down to next thread on idiots shooting off fireworks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Two things...

1) going back to my ethanol-free gas post...was in Huntsville this AM and stopped at the QT in Conroe. Ethanol-free was 90 octane as in Bastrop but was only a nickel more than premium ($4.649 compared to $4.599).

Recognizing that the in-dash calculations are consistent but not spot-on (often about a half-MPG high), I looked at what I did the other day with a tank that was completely filled and was a drive to work of about 30 miles then home and then to Huntsville this AM) and today was completely filled (as in ready to run out of the lip), with a drive to work of about ten miles further...

Dash had showed 24.9 and computed manually to 24.4 before this morning's dose of ethanol-free gas. Dash showed 29.3 pulling into the parking lot at the office. So even if we back out a half-MPG, that could make the occasional drive to Conroe worth my while.

Still just a sample size of two, but so far, I am sold...ethanol-free would be the preference if the cost makes sense.

2) Saw my first live Rivian truck heading through Conroe and enroute to HV. It was on a flat-bed, which initially made me chuckle since it had paper plates. Then I saw the flatbed was labeled as Rivian, LLC. So either it is a display vehicle or a delivery.

Since it was on the flat-bed, I didn't get to see the front but from the back, it very much reminded me of the truck that Lincoln tried some years back to market. At a distance, it actually looked like a small truck and not what Tesla has proposed as a 'truck.'

8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I cannot imagine why that ethanol free is so much cheaper than it is at buccees in Katy.

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

1) is Katy location of Bucees 90 or 92 octane?

2) could also just be something that has been in the ground a different length of time - I've seen that listed as reasons for why some stations have a spread of more than a dollar between regular and premium...nobody wanted the higher priced item and so it sat while the proprietor refuses to take a loss.

3) Makes me wonder why it was ~60 cents a gallon cheaper in Conroe than Bastrop though since the other grades were only a dime difference (and prices have been dropping to the current level since last week)

• Like Like x 1
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

They have both octane ratings. Perhaps the age has something to do with it, dunno, but a lot higher last time I was there which is about three days ago.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He’s correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Wishing this guy the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is what happens when you listen to ESG:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Too bad reality won't stop Demx.
    We can only hope we have blocked enough of ways to steal votes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

@Mr. Deez

It’s 100 F in The Woodlands at 9 pm. It hit 106 F today at 6 pm (according to my car). Is this big news in Europe? Note it’s been like this for 4-5 weeks, not 4-5 days like in Europe.

DAB8FAEB-EAD7-463A-A2DC-D0E832DD627B.jpeg

18. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

This heat happened once before in my memory, in 1980? 1979? I was working as a camp counselor near Dallas, and the heat was over 110 for several weeks.
    The reasons for this intense heat is a combination of two La Ninas in a row, and the ocean currents that are pressing cool weather up northward. This creates a heat dome, and this dome is settled over the south and mid-west especially and is just hanging out.

It's a weird combination, and it sucks. San Antonio hasn't had rain in almost 2 months, and it's dry as a bone. And, absolutely no wind.
    This information has been brought to you by a former broadcaster, who took 6 whole hours of weather reporting at the University of Texas. :hookem: :smile1:

I never would have been a weatherman. They are the lowest on the totem pole, even lower than interns.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

33 days of 100+ heat measured in Houston circa 1980 and then repeated about 30 years later.

Rational people recognize that hot, dry days for weeks on end are part and parcel of living in Texas.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

How many days over 100 did we have in Austin in 2011 (my last summer living in Texas)? It was a horrific drought and hotter than hell.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's not big news in Europe. We pretty much assume that it's hot in Africa, South Asia, and Texas. We're more concerned with the weather here. I'm not smart enough to explain the meteorology of it like Hollandtx can, but it's generally pleasant here this week. However, a heat surge is coming on Monday. 87 and 91 don't sound hot when it's reaching 107, but keep in mind that (1) there's no AC; (2) there are no screens on windows so if you open them, you'll have bugs all over your house; and (3) it's light outside until very late, so it stays hot late into the night.

Screenshot_20220713-120711.png

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Around 100 total, about 90 in a row. It was literally hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Lows have to be mid-70’s to qualify as hot.

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’m old enough to recognize that “it’s hotter this year” and “ it’s colder this year” is spoken of every year.

• Winner Winner x 2
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not when there's no AC. If you all had to deal with the weather here on those days without AC, you'd be pissing your pants.

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Can't you pick up a window unit somewhere?

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2 days!!!

948D01A7-55DC-4182-98F1-DB909E7F9AC9.jpeg

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And on those two days, you'd piss your pants. And you wouldn't enjoy the other days much. Very stuffy and not pleasant indoors.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Kinda. I have one in our bedroom. They suck though. You hang the exhaust out the window and "seal" it with Velcro. And they simply aren't that good. The air is fairly cool, but they do little to dehumidify and suck the heat out of the room. Basically they make the room tolerable, not cool. No where near as good as central AC or the window units you see in the US. Keep in mind that we're saving the world, so the AC units we can buy can't be too good.

And of course, the units are ricockulously expensive to use.

• WTF? WTF? x 1