'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He is saying not all energy is the same even though it can all be measured in kWh.

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Except your phone batteries deteriorate relatively quickly. Your car? Whose to say. Sure costs a lot more to replace than my iPhone battery.

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

EV batteries also deteriorate, especially in hot locations like Texas. The cost to replace the battery pack is equivalent to totaling your car in a crash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

ENVX is doing some exciting things regarding battery architecture, capacity, charging time, and cycle life.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Assume battery timeline development is 100 years (2001-2100). By then, we will have modular fission reactors and large scale fusion reactors supplying the batteries. The over-emphasis on wind and solar between 2001-2040 will seem laughable in the future. Just use natural gas until the transition occurs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I think that weenie one on the right is what Deez has to deal with while living in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Hell, I'd kill to have one of those units on the right. I had those in the Azores, and they actually worked pretty well so long as they were reasonably well-maintained. Have you seen the ghetto units I had in Germany and now have in the UK with the stupid exhaust hose hanging out the window? I've posted a picture before. They are pathetic by comparison - ten times worse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Driving through West Texas Sunday, it did my heart good to see almost every stripper well running and flare stacks going. Not a single windmill turning.

Due to blizzard conditions coming home yesterday, I wasn't paying close attention.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Need pics of west Texas strippers running through the mesas.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No you don't.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I wish I have Steven's optimism. Government's could still legislate powering down. See Netherland's attack on Nitrogen based fertilizer and farming. That is also justified by reducing carbon emissions.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Dumbasses.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Crowd response was perfect though...I think I even saw some of the orchestra laughing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1