I feel like I need a GOP grocery store...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's just the way they do it here. Germans like organization and structure when it comes to beer and everything else, and it has rubbed off. When I visit my parents in Dallas, it feels incredibly weird to throw my beer bottles in the trash. Lol.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I hope that's a month collection. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Dudes aren't smart enough to realize they are replaceable because of illegal immigration (excess unskilled labor).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is a point that I thought Trump could have hammered much more during the campaign. It is a winning issue with one of his largest target audiences but he left it on the table.

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If I drank that in less than a month, I'd be slobbering drunk during most of my Hornfans posts. lol It's about a 2 month supply, and half of those are Mrs. Deez's. We don't drink the same beers, so there is a clearly defined "his" and "hers." She drinks Andechs Weissbier and Ayinger Brauweisse (You can get both of those in the US, though they're not easy to find and will cost about 3x what we pay for them.) and pretty much nothing else. I drink a mix - mostly lagers but also some pils, double bocks, and kellerbier. On average, I drink one 1/2 liter (about 17 ounce) beer per day. I might drink 2 or even 3 on a particular day, but I'll also go a few days with none.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Horn6721 ,

Just wanted to let you know that I am drinking a can of beer as we speak. I'm having something on my car looked at, so I am having to take a train back home. This station (Ramstein Bahnhof) only has canned beer that is nearby and cold, so I'm making an exception. You'll notice that even a can in Germany is a half-liter, and you can see the mark above the bar code, which is indicative of the deposit. However, I'm not going to lug an empty beer can around for the next hour, so I'll just throw it away.

IMG_20170220_142027.jpg

8. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

If already addressed, I 'pologized ...

This has been happening for a LOONG time. Target and Sprint were the first I noticed and they used their "influence" for anti 2nd Amendment efforts. My own outfit has meddled in social issues, too, as the then CEO was particular about a certain topic.

Use your time and money as you see fit ... the company's resources should be left for the company's business.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

That may be so ... and speaks to the hypocrisy of government "service."

How many reams of example does one require to understand "something is rotten in the state of Denmark" when politician after politician becomes what I'd call "uber wealthy" and the only "earnings" in the service of government MIGHT break the top 10% ... but no ... they are 1%ers.

That's Satisfactory, regardless of political persuasion, but one who earned their 1% in the private sector ... well, they've gotta stop being that.

Completely inverted. (like my avatar)

10. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

don't forget about Huts on 6th. Buffalo burger! :)

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD,
    Nice touch,showing the yuge can of beer out by the tracks.How much time did you have to drink that before your train came?
    and through away?:confused2:
    Even in Texas we have recycling.

e

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I had about 15 minutes, but it's also perfectly acceptable to take a beer on a train. Nobody thinks anything of it, and I do it all the time.

And we have some of the most onerous recycling laws in the world. I have three different trash bins (paper, bio, and a very small non-recyclable trash bin) plus I have to put recyclable plastics and metals into these cheap yellow bags that tear if you sneeze on them. However, in some public areas where it isn't practical to recycle (like small rail stations), they'll just have a general garbage can.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe Trump Steaks will make a comeback.

16. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Does Sharper Image have a store presence in Trump supporter areas? Does Sharper Image even exist anymore? We all should have shorted the stock when they started selling steaks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Are you kidding? They have Sharper Images all over rural Michigan and Pennsylvania. They're usually right next to the Nordstroms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Horn6721 ,

This is how I prefer to roll - a good selection of bottled beer. Much bigger rail station.

IMG_20170223_155903.jpg

And just after I posted this, a police officer came and sat right next to me on the train. I kept on drinking my beer. And just a moment ago, he picked up one of them, smiled at it, and put it down.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Maybe he was waiting for you to offer him one?

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I considered it. He did make a comment that clearly mentioned the beer. I asked (in German) if he spoke English, and he didn't. I considered tossing out a "Möchten Sie mein Bier?" but he was in the line of duty, so I'm sure he would have turned me down.

21. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Companies that don't want to cowtow the ESG movement will need to find alternative investment resources. Maybe go to Russia or China or Iran for banking, which would be scandalous to many. Or they will have to finance themselves through profits. I wish more companies did that anyway.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Mona, these banks aren’t stupid. If they only financed ESG projects they would go bankrupt.

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Every corporation has an ESG score and those who don't measure up don't get money or they get less money. They are slowly but surely choking off funds to those who don't want to play the game. Got to change the game.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The lenders will underperform as these are not good investments.

26. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I honestly think they believe they will get a bandwagon effect and many other lenders will go along. Hopefully not. Hopefully there are a couple of regional banks that will remain true to their mission and stand up to these Globals. If they do, and the become known as the anti-woke banks and generate better returns, then they will have more business that they know what to do with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What's kinda interesting about this is that I have an American Airlines Citi Mastercard (racks up miles). Obviously I don't see American Airlines becoming net zero anytime soon despite claims to the contrary. I think a lot of this is for short term PR.

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Those in charge of this don't care. The point is Marxist revolution. Some useful idiots of course.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Holy cow, these are some smart folks. Their employees are sheep and they know it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Serves the dumb ******** right for helping to make imitation meat products. They deserve worse working conditions than the Chinese Uighurs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1