I had a great job interview...

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by The Creature, Dec 10, 2008.

1. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

And I'm drunk! Hopefully will find myself working at Blizzard Entertainment in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck in this crappy economy.

Or not.

But at least use it as an excuse to drink to my good fortune. Or to drink against it. Basically, drinking in general is encouraged. [​IMG]

...I like jobs and drinking.

2. ATXborn

ATXborn 25+ Posts

Can I have some free epix?

3. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

How do Outlands BoP greens sound? [​IMG]

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Are those anything like collard greens?
    [​IMG]

5. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

they're hiring? im going to send my resume in. [​IMG]

6. Earl_Worshipper

Earl_Worshipper 100+ Posts

7. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

Sangre--honestly, that looks really good right now. I was raised on greens. [​IMG]

Bluto--if you're serious, the firm they hire temps through is called Volt. It's an austin temp firm that caters to the game industry.

Earl Worshipper--I also am a worshipper of Earl. That aside, this is something I've been crazy about since I found out they had an Austin division, and I can't wait to find out if I've got the job. And a company like Blizzard is about as recession proof as you can get.

Wish me luck, guys!

8. Earl_Worshipper

If you do get the job, please leak the release date for Diablo 3 !!

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

10. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

11. Mr. Longhorn

Mr. Longhorn 250+ Posts

12. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

13. Earl_Worshipper

14. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Did you just interview for a WoW GM job? Or a real development job?

15. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

Austin division is tech/game support isn't it?

16. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

I'm not gonna be greedy and ask for T7 gear, just hook a Warlock up with some T6 stuff man!

Though, if you have access to T7, I'll pay some girl to fulfill your wildest fantasys if you send it to me.

17. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

The position is in the GM department, not on the development team. That being said, I've got a lovely diploma from the UT music school. I intend on using it to find a composition/sound design position, once I feel I'm competent with all the software and hardware I've picked up for that purpose.

18. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

Got the call today! I'm starting Monday. [​IMG]

19. Horneius_Maximus

Horneius_Maximus 250+ Posts

20. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Not to burst this guys bubble, but you don't work for BLizzard, you work for a temp company that hires for Blizzard. This way if you suck they can "fire" you without ever having hired you, plus they don't have to pay you benefits. That being said, apparently once you really get hired on with Blizzard, it is a pretty sweet gig.

I know a dude that works there, graveyard. Dude loves it.

21. The Creature

The Creature 100+ Posts

Well, I went through employee referral, so I won't be an employee of the usual "Temp" agency. One way or another, I will be considered a temporary employee for at least the first 3 months, however, my badge will be a different color from the temp agancy employees...for what that's worth. [​IMG]

22. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

Not as good as "receiving total conciousness on your deathbed" but not a kick in the head either.

Congratulations. Now send me a copy of Starcraft II.