I had to do it...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Fiesta, Oct 24, 2015.

1. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

I am past ecstatic that he didn't sign with us! We don't need cancers in the locker room or entitlement complexes on our team!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Is it mandatory that all SEC teams schedule an FCS or might-as-well-be-FCS team during the final month of the season?

Almost. They don't play the 8th team for 2 years in a row, they rotate.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-future-football-opponents-2025/

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

Watching Hubenak play in the Ole Miss game on the road... and what he's done in JC, and is older... have no idea why play Murry at all. Other than a fickle fan base that requires meeting emotional needs. The upside is you have a remarkable turnaround, the downside is you make an even bigger mess if he struggles due to age and inexperience.

I could be dead wrong, but I don't think he'll succeed in college without a year of physical growth and maturity and time to absorb college and the level of the game.

Even Manziel was a redshirt player. So was Cam Newton. So was Vince Young. So is Jerrod Heard. Correct me, but I think so was Winston at FSU.

Here are some size-weight comparisons of notable QBs. Smallest to biggest. Think these are early data for college years. Off 247Sports/CBSSports.

Murray 5' 11" 180 lbs -- turned 18 this past Aug. 7th.
    Manziel 6' 0" 195
    Heard 6' 2" 195
    V. Young 6' 5" 200
    Cam Newton 6' 6" 250

I keep thinking Heard looks really small out there. Murray looks smaller, and aggy uniforms make a player look even smaller. Next week aggy hosts Auburn and Muschamp's ego in beating aggy, plus at Baton Rouge against LSU later in November.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2015
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

It's very rare that a true frosh can be successful in the college game. Experience at this level, and some maturity, is so important.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Is that an aggy QB or do I miss a joke?

8. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Hate to pick a nit with your post, but I think this will be helpful to you...

Encyclopedia of Behavior Toward aggys, 4th ed., vol. 13 (New York: Harper & Row, 1962) 976
    Spelling:
    1. "aggy" is always spelled with a y at the end and never with an "ie"
    2. The plural can be "aggys" or "aggyz"
    3. "aggy" should, under no circumstance, be capitalized
    4. If the chance of offense is present, "aggy" may be spelled "a**y"

• Like Like x 5
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, its Kyler Murray. There was a pic of him out today (which I posted in this thread earlier) that makes him look like he is about 5'6, so that is what led to the subsequent flurry of pics of him as a jockey and so forth. Lastly, yes, he's not only "an aggy QB" but "the head aggy" as he is listed as the starter tomorrow.

10. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Got it, thanks.

11. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

Don't mind at all. I've fixed it! And other places as well on this thread.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wiki-altered to correct the date-typo

13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Godz to nit your nit, the plural for aggy is "aggy"

For the same linguistic reason that we don't call a plethora of sheep "sheeps", but sheep.

Example: Several aggy were squeezing their balls for some strange reason on national TV.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

+1

Murry's "family" and "the Promise" screwed they guy out of a year. There was no reason not to play Hubenak first and attempt to RS Murray after it was clear that Murray could not pass Allen in the order. But then I am sure Daddy Murray has his sights set on little Murray playing in the NFL after 3 years of ball in collie station (and two Heisman's - it is aggy after all).

15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

"Several aggy were squeezing their balls because they were dreaming of sheep on national TV."

You're welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

No way he is 5'11 180

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Wasn't Vince more like 225 lbs?